Something Random

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
[FONT=&quot]On this day in 1992, Cosmonaut Sergei Krikalev returned to Earth after a 10-month stay aboard the Mir space station. In 1979, the first fully functional space shuttle orbiter (Columbia) was delivered to the John F. Kennedy Space Center to be prepared for its first launch. In 1958, Canada's Avro Arrow made its debut flight. In 1655, Saturn's largest moon (Titan) was discovered by Christian Huygens. Happy Birthday musician Jeff Healey and baseball player Tom Glavine (1966); actors Sarah Jessica Parker (1965) and Marcia Cross (1962); singers Elton John (1947), Aretha Franklin (1942) and Anita Bryant (1940); singer/actor Hoyt Axton (1938 ); publisher Gloria Steinem (1934); film critic Gene Shalit (1932); astronaut Jim Lovell (1928 ); sports reporter Howard Cosell (1918-1995); and film director David Lean (1908-1991).

"Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand."
- Putt's Law[/FONT]

Stereodude

Not really a
Well, I turned mine down to 3Ghz so it was stable in AutoGK. It does report the right speed in Windows, and did @ 3.8Ghz as well.
How hot are your cores at 3gHz under load?

With 4 instances of CPU Burn-in v1.01 running (in error checking mode) using CoreTemp 0.97.1 my 4 cores are at 56C, 54C, 52C, 52C respectively @ 3.0gHz (no vcore change).

ddrueding

Fixture
I haven't dialed in my cooling or voltages yet. Right now I am @ 3.4GHz, 1.5v CPU, and absolute silence fan speeds. I just downloaded and ran 4 copies of CPU Burn-in 1.01 and it stabilized @ 81C! Wow. I really need to finish tuning this rig.

Stereodude

Not really a
I haven't dialed in my cooling or voltages yet. Right now I am @ 3.4GHz, 1.5v CPU, and absolute silence fan speeds. I just downloaded and ran 4 copies of CPU Burn-in 1.01 and it stabilized @ 81C! Wow. I really need to finish tuning this rig.
Yikes, that's warmer that I'd feel safe running it at. :eek:

ddrueding

Fixture
On the way to one of my more obscure job sites, I ran across an interesting problem. The road had been demolished; there was now a 30' hill of dirt where I used to drive. I needed to find a foreman who could give me new directions to the project site. The really strange part? I was here yesterday. Not 20 hours ago. Amazing how much change some earthmoving equipment can cause.

ddrueding

Fixture
Bought an 8800GTS and 20sq.ft. of Dynamat Extreme for my project. At the moment, none of my displays are initializing. I'm writing this from a remote desktop connection to the machine while I re-install drivers.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
[FONT=&quot]On this day in 1990, President George H. W. Bush posthumously awarded Jesse Owens the Congressional Gold Medal. In 1910, Henri Fabre became the first person to fly a seaplane (the Fabre Hydravion) after taking off from a water runway near Martigues, France. And in 1802, Heinrich Wilhelm Matthäus Olbers discovered 2 Pallas, the second asteroid known to man. Happy Birthday actors Julia Stiles (1981) and Vince Vaughn (1970); director Brett Ratner (1969); singer/actor Reba McEntire (1955); actors Dianne Wiest (1948 ) and Ken Howard (1944); brewing magnate and baseball executive August Anheuser Busch, Jr. (1899-1989); and Spanish rabbi/philosopher Maimonides (1138 ). RIP actor Peter Ustinov (d. 2004), singer Maria von Trapp (1987), President Dwight D. Eisenhower (1969), athlete Jim Thorpe (1953) and writer Virginia Woolf (1941).

"Inanimate objects are classified scientifically into three major categories - those that don't work, those that break down and those that get lost."
- Russell Baker[/FONT]

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
[FONT=&quot]On this day in 1981, the USSR adopted daylight savings time. In 1976, respected astronomer Patrick Moore first reported the "Jovian-Plutonian gravitational effect" (later found to be a hoax); and Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak formed Apple Computer. In 1969, the Hawker Siddeley Harrier entered service with the RAF. In 1963, the soap opera General Hospital debuted. In 1912, Greek athlete Konstantinos Tsiklitiras broke the world record in standing long jump with a 3.47-meters jump. In 1891, the Wrigley Company was founded in Chicago, Illinois. And in 1826, Samuel Morey patented the internal combustion engine. Happy Birthday actor Bijou Phillips (1980), rapper/actor Method Man (1971), producer/director Barry Sonnenfeld (1953), musician Jimmy Cliff (1948 ), baseball players Rusty Staub and Phil Niekro (1944), actors Ali MacGraw (1938 ), Debbie Reynolds (1932) and Gordon Jump (1932-2003). On a sad note, last week we sent out a happy birthday to musician Jeff Healey, who unfortunately, as several alert subscribers reported, passed away a few weeks ago.

"Humanity is acquiring all the right technology for all the wrong reasons."
- R. Buckminster Fuller[/FONT]

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Congrats! My wife & I were just realizing that we've been together as a couple for nine and a half years and married for five and a have. No 'seven year itch' for either of us. :)

I touched down in San Francisco a couple of hours ago. I'll be at the RSA Conference for the week.

ddrueding

Fixture
She knows my (rather extensive) history, and that my relationships average 6-8 months. I figure going three times that with no desire to bail is enough of a "test".

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Good luck for the future, Dave.

Just remember: the bigger the wedding, the shorter the marriage. ;)

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
I'm, uh, engaged. ;)

Umm, cause we do no your history...

and wasn't Jessica Alba engaged @21 only to break it off with the handsome hunk of her co-star in Dark Angel, after ~2yrs. Now she's preggers, about to give birth, and they're still not married...not that I pay much attention to that, just the random news snip while waiting for the weather report (the new guy of 3yrs now?). Nicole Ritchy's a bastard mother with her rocker b/f, is Paris next with Benji :p ? Are Brittany's med's going to do the job this time, will she ever really be a good mother, married or not?

Father upgraded to OSX Tiger 10.5.1 from 10.3, it makes all browsers run faster, but Safari 3.0.4 (not the latest, faster update) is really rockin fast with a sluggish DSL connection. Damn dialup is sooooo slow, got to upgrade my own older systems to Tiger/Safari 3.1, might be worth it.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Are you marrying that foreign woman? Is it your first marriage? Make sure to get your financial and legal affairs in order.

ddrueding

Fixture
Yup, she is Russian. But she currently has a green card and is already on her way to filing for citizenship. I need to get all my financial affairs in order, or the IRS will take all her money. ;)

LunarMist

My 2007 was OK, but not great. Unfortunately 2008 will be quite bad, perhaps even horrific. The line between denial and acceptance is a narrow one.

No more denial. Reality is upon us. Some would say I did better than many, but failed at the important parts.

LunarMist

Alvy Singer: [addressing the camera] There's an old joke - um... two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions." Well, that's essentially how I feel about life - full of loneliness, and misery, and suffering, and unhappiness, and it's all over much too quickly. [IMDB]

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Alvy Singer: [addressing the camera] There's an old joke - um... two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions." Well, that's essentially how I feel about life - full of loneliness, and misery, and suffering, and unhappiness, and it's all over much too quickly. [IMDB]

imdb? Is that a quote from Merc, sometime earlier before he stopped posting here? If that's *your* feelings, seems you and Merc are sinking in the same boat then? There is nothing that can make you smile or laugh even in your worst hours of misery- sometimes just something little can be really helpful?

Body Heat:

Ned: Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.
Matty: This is a blouse and a skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.
Ned: Then you shouldn't wear that body.

Matty: [to Ned] You aren't too bright. I like that in a man.
Ned: What else do you like? Lazy? Ugly? Horny? I got 'em all.
Matty: You don't look lazy.

Ned: Can I buy you a drink?
Matty: I told you. I've got a husband.
Ned: I'll buy him one too.
Matty: He's out of town.
Ned: My favorite kind. We'll drink to him.
Matty: Only comes up on weekends.
Ned: I'm liking him better all the time.

Ned: I need someone to take care of me, someone to rub my tired muscles, smooth out my sheets.
Matty: Get married.
Ned: I just need it for tonight. :p

Handruin

Administrator
My parents just headed home a few minutes ago after spending the past four days with me and I'm already feeling pretty alone. I'm more than capable on my own...but I just want someone here. My friends are coming over after 7:00 tonight to keep me company which should help.

ddrueding

Fixture
Always a good thing. I found that whenever I was single I was almost desperate to get out and do something. When I was sick or stuck at home I would start climbing the walls after about 12 hours.

Strange considering I get fairly anxious when I'm around large groups or even small groups of people I don't know.