Something Random

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
I hate SonicWall. Could they have made it any more complicated? I still haven't figured out how to do NAT translation...

I last configured one in the late nineties. For the ignoramus I was and am, it wasn't too difficult. You're probably working with a current model with an obfuscated UI.

Yep, the world would be much simpler/less complicated if everyone (except Merc of course) would just "Get a Mac" :p

ddrueding

Fixture
Macs are a horrible pain in the ass. They are simply a further extension of the Windows mindset. Everything that they think you want is in the front, and everything they don't think you need is buried a mile deep in some illogical hole.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I have 3 TVs turned on, all on different channels, and I'm not watching any of them. :confused:

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I have 3 TVs turned on, all on different channels, and I'm not watching any of them. :confused:

I have found myself sitting and staring at a blank (turned off) tv for over an hour. It is quite peaceful.
This usually happens after a particualy rough day at work putting up with the idiot managers.

Bozo :joker:

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I have found myself sitting and staring at a blank (turned off) tv for over an hour. It is quite peaceful.
This usually happens after a particualy rough day at work putting up with the idiot managers.

I stare at the computer screen, waiting for new posts. :)

Where is Merc:?: I'm getting worried.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Macs are a horrible pain in the ass. They are simply a further extension of the Windows mindset. Everything that they think you want is in the front, and everything they don't think you need is buried a mile deep in some illogical hole.

Windows has you brainwashed very well :0....if you only knew the truth. I'm sure Chinese speakers have great difficulty learning English, and Chinese (Winblows) is simple to them in comparison.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak

I stare at the computer screen, waiting for new posts. :)

Where is Merc:?: I'm getting worried.

Always good to know that others are worse off than me :p. Well at least you haven't gone psycho on me yet (like she did when I was talking to her on the phone and she just snapped ...then again, could have been the vodka, sound of ice cubes clinking in a glass I think she was drinking, hard liquor generally makes most people go into psychotic rants/rages...I have found- me I just puke and fall asleep when I've had too much, no inhibitions released, no psychotic episodes unearthed...purely Spock like ;) ).

Merc's probably depressed about no good pizza (not that I'd know what he would consider a 'good pizza' given his penchant for artery clogging deep-fried hot dog/bacon, cheese whiz filled monstrosities), same thing happened last time he was pinning for some zah.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
When you have too much money, and nothing to do with it...this ought to make jtr even more ill than Brittany or Paris :D.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601088&sid=aJ8EZTdrItjs

Strangely enough, the UAE, according to the article is only #5 for income per capita, must be all those democratic politicians in that coutnry and their wild budget spending sprees, just like Obama's plans here ;).

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
I saw an infomercial for one of those colon-cleansing products. Just for kicks I decided to google for more info. Anyway, I came across this. Funny as hell. Note: This link definitely not safe for work, especially the pictures he links to! Don't bother looking if you just ate, either.

As for whether or not there's any validity in the whole "encrusted fecal matter" theory, I have no idea.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I got the feeling that this was going to require concentration and mental effort. I don't seem to have any of either floating around right now. Maybe Tea would like a go, she can concentrate brilliantly as long as it doesn't have to be for more than 18 seconds at a time.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
[FONT=&quot]Did you know that the Gregorian calendar was designed to keep the vernal equinox on or close to March 21? The idea is for Easter to remain correct with respect to the vernal equinox. But the vernal equinox year is about 365.242374 days long (and increasing), whereas the average year length of the Gregorian calendar is 365.2425. The difference, while marginal, means that in around 8,000 years, the calendar will be about one day behind where it is now. In the meantime, a very special happy birthday to leaplings Ja Rule (1976), Tony Robbins (1960), Dennis Farina (1944), Alex Rocco (1936), Dinah Shore (1916-1994), Jimmy Dorsey (1904-1957) and John Byrom (1692-1763).

"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose...it'll be much harder to detect."
- George Carlin

[/FONT]2DTV - Bill Gates - Home 2001

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Mmmm...Thai Orange Chicken...tasty :eek:

:errr: So I ran 1/2 a block every other 3rd block to get to the post office tonight before it closed, maybe a mile or so, damn am I tired/out of shape :(. Walked another 1/2 mi to Marie Calendars, my local restaurant has extended the February $5.99 pie sale until this Sunday...whoo hoo! But then this is proof positive (what do you mean that's a non-sequitur?) along with the USA every lower stock market, where in a recession?

http://www.mcpies.com/

Then I was walking home (didn't buy a pie today, cause really, even though I only buy those crappy MC pies during the 2 months of a year when they are almost 1/2 price...I need to lose weight, not gain weight); and the local Vietnamese place of just a year ago, is now a new Korean restaurant, with open, brighter lighting inside and view to the street...whoo hoo!

Or maybe not? Saw only Asians eating in there (silly people think that if some ethnic group eats at a restaurant that caters to their ethnicity, that somehow this means the restaurant *must* be good...that's a non-sequitur ;) ), but still, this is on the westside of town, for the greatest concentration of hottie Korean babes, better bet is in the Koreatown area, where the restaurants are more authentic, the clubs open late, some restaurants later, smoker filled, hardcore...where English truly is a 2nd language :D.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
[FONT=&quot]On this day in 1977, the first Cray-1 supercomputer was shipped to the Los Alamos National Laboratory, New Mexico. In 1962, the United States Atomic Energy Commission announced that the first atomic power plant at McMurdo Station in Antarctica was in operation. In 1954, Peter Bent Brigham Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, announced the first successful kidney transplant. In 1890, the longest bridge in the United Kingdom, the Forth Bridge (railway) (1,710 ft) opened in Scotland. In 1887, Gottlieb Daimler unveiled his first automobile, which he test ran in Esslingen and Cannstatt, Germany. In 1882, Britain's first electric trams ran in East London. In 1774, William Herschel became the first to sight the Orion Nebula. And in 1275, Chinese astronomers observed a total eclipse of the sun. Happy Birthday Chastity Bono (1969), Ray Mancini (1961), Adrian Zmed and Catherine O'Hara (1954), Shemp Howard (1895-1955), Knute Rockne (1888-1931), Antonio Vivaldi (1678-1741) and Henry the Navigator (1394-1460). RIP Minnie Pearl (d. 1996), John Candy (1994) and William Carlos Williams (1963).

"The reason lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place is that the same place isn't there the second time."
- Willie Tyler[/FONT]

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
best sex should last seven to 13 minutes, lol!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Best sex lasts for seven to thirteen minutes

[/FONT]
http://www.news-medical.net/?id=35942

Maybe Tannin can explain, why is this story coming up with so many Google hits with the Oz press, when it's an US/Canadian sexperts study.

Though we can leave it to Murdoch's Fox News to give proper link to the published 'true' title Journal entry:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335110,00.html

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/do...evSearch=allfield:(short+sex)&journalCode=jsm

Eric W. Corty PhD, Jenay M. Guardiani BS (2008)
Canadian and American Sex Therapists' Perceptions of Normal and Abnormal Ejaculatory Latencies: How Long Should Intercourse Last?

Hmm, so I guess they asked the wrong women then :D. 3 minute quickie's are satisfying for them...well Canadian women, that's understandable ;).

So do pr0n stars qualify as abnormal? ""too long" intravaginal ejaculatory latencies. "

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
[FONT=&quot]On this day in 2006, Apple Inc. was granted the patent to the iPod. And in 1876, Alexander Graham Bell was granted a patent for an invention he called the telephone. Happy Birthday actresses Rachel Weisz (1971) and Wanda Sykes (1964), singer Taylor Dayne (1962), former tennis champion Ivan Lendl (1960), actor Bryan Cranston (1956), former Pittsburgh Steelers Lynn Swann (1952) and Franco Harris (1950), studio exec Michael Eisner (1942) and Tammy Faye Bakker (1942-2007), TV personality Willard Scott (1934), astronomers Henry Draper (1837-1882) and John Herschel (1792-1871). RIP moviemaker Stanley Kubrick (d. 1999) and philosopher Aristotle (322 BC).

"Statistics: The only science that enables different experts using the same figures to draw different conclusions."
- Evan Esar[/FONT]

ddrueding

Fixture
Overclocking isn't really an art anymore, is it. Now that you can dissasociate the RAM and CPU, and all the voltages are in the BIOS and easy to access. In 30 seconds I went from 2.4Ghz to 3.5 directly (no voltage changes or anything!). Now I'm just checking stability.

Stereodude

Not really a
In 30 seconds I went from 2.4Ghz to 3.5 directly (no voltage changes or anything!).
That's probably why it locks up doing xvid. :p From what I've read 3.5gHz is very fast for a Q6600, especially one with the stock cooling (presumably) and no Vcore adjustment.

ddrueding

Fixture
Yup. Stock cooling and no vcore. It was actually getting to the desktop and idling fine @ 3.8. All the tests and games do just fine @ 3.5, but XviD seems to be unhappy. Is there a way to change that in Windows without rebooting? I'd love to have the exta power in games...

Stereodude

Not really a
Is there a way to change that in Windows without rebooting? I'd love to have the exta power in games...
That depends on your motherboard. My Gigabyte board has a windows app that allows me to change things that would normally only be accessible from the BIOS. I haven't really tried it out though.

Stereodude

Not really a
Yup. Stock cooling and no vcore. It was actually getting to the desktop and idling fine @ 3.8.
That can be very misleading if you have EIST (Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology) turned on in the BIOS (assuming your board supports it). I have it turned on for my Q6600 and when it gets into windows the system is running at only 1.6gHz not the speed I have the chip set to.

Stereodude

Not really a
Here's how mine looks in Windows at idle. XP says it's at 2.4gHz. The Gigabyte tool says something else.

As soon as I put a load on it, it jumps to 2.4gHz in the Gigabyte tool.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Got my new 'work' workstation today. Seems very nice. HP xw8400 with a Xeon 5150, 3GB RAM, 74GB 15K.5 and WinXP XP2. The monitor is very very nice IMO....HP LP2465. Makes me want to upgrade the Acer 22" panel I have at home.

Yippee we have DVD instead of CD drives this time around too (no DVD decoder software though).

ddrueding

Fixture
Back when I was into hardcore silent computing, I ran CrystalCPUID with 3 different speed/voltage settings...none of the reporting tools could keep up.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Clocker, I know what you mean on the flat panel. I was quite happy with my Samsung 204B at home but then I had to go and spec a Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP-HC for work and now my home display is tiny. Puny. Minuscule. For me, 1200x1920 is just about perfect.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I might just have to cave in. I was limiting myself to 1680x1050 because gaming FPS was something I cared about back then but now that gaming is not something I have time for, the higher resolution will be a nice thing. I have to learn more about flat panels. I know some are made with better technologies than others...I just don't know any of the details...

C