iPhone syndrome

time

Storage? I am Storage!
[video=youtube;qFUz6vHEQCM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFUz6vHEQCM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Handruin

Administrator
[video=youtube;nf5-Prx19ZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nf5-Prx19ZM[/video]

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
iOS6 is the software version. The slow adoption rate for jelly bean is due to slow moving manufacturer gatekeepers. I think the faster adoption rate over iOS5 is mostly due to OOTA update capability. Developers will certainly like the high adoption rate.

Handruin

Administrator
Only two things I was happy that finally came from iOS6 were the stupid Bluetooth on/off button is now at the top level of settings and no longer buried. Next is the Do Not Disturb option that was long overdue. Everything else I couldn't care less about.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Only two things I was happy that finally came from iOS6 were the stupid Bluetooth on/off button is now at the top level of settings and no longer buried. Next is the Do Not Disturb option that was long overdue. Everything else I couldn't care less about.

But, it's longer.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life

This after they TOOK AWAY the ability to put settings shortcut buttons on the home screen. That really annoyed me as it was a good solution, people could have whatever they wanted.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
They announced at work that users should not update to iOs 6 for some dfompati issues.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Maybe the plan is to balance it with all the vintage filter crap that comes from Instagram so that the actual photos taken wind up looking, y'know, normal. ;)

Handruin

Administrator
That's actually what they recommended in the article. :)

"Pretend it's an Instagram filter. Or simply make it a point to only photograph purple items — that way, the flare is an image enhancer."

Handruin

Administrator
I love this stuff...I decline meetings all the time from my phone because everyone sends out a meeting to indicate when they are out of office and it drives me nuts. I don't need to be alerted at 11:45PM the night before that Joe is on vacation the next day.

While we strive to enable mobile workers, we occasionally experience and work to quickly rectify challenges spanning the various mobile devices, operating systems and applications.

EMC IT and other companies recently identified an issue with the Apple iOS6 that may inadvertently delete a meeting on everyone’s calendar when an iOS user declines a meeting. In other words, if you decline a meeting with your iPhone or iPad, this issue may delete it from everyone’s calendars.

We are currently working with Apple and Microsoft to resolve the issue. However, as a mobile best practice, we recommend that you do NOT accept, reject, move or edit meeting requests from your iOS mobile device. This will help you avoid an issue like this in the future.

Unrelated, iOS 6 broke/changed Bluetooth compatibility with my car. I use to see track information, etc, now it occasionally works.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Unrelated, iOS 6 broke/changed Bluetooth compatibility with my car. I use to see track information, etc, now it occasionally works.

I don't know what changes with the music app so much but they mess it up pretty much every major release, at least they did for ios 4 and 5. Sometimes things like this or sometimes things like the lock screen music controls.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
recently identified an issue with the Apple iOS6 that may inadvertently delete a meeting on everyone’s calendar when an iOS user declines a meeting
Issue? What issue? That should be heavily promoted as part of the feature set. Just think of the potential rise in productivity that could be achieved in the overall economy if this was standard issue. By Jove, Apple has found the solution to the global economic crisis! :-D

Mercutio

My boss stopped putting meeting invites on my Google Calendar because I kept rejecting the invitations. Now she just has a calendar she keeps for herself so I don't have to be bothered by it. :D

Mercutio

It is possible to buy Android apps from the web, even from iOS.

It is NOT possible to buy an iOS app except from with iOS or within itunes. I want to gift an app and Apple completely does not support that. The only thing I can do is buy an itunes gift card, apparently.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
My boss stopped putting meeting invites on my Google Calendar because I kept rejecting the invitations. Now she just has a calendar she keeps for herself so I don't have to be bothered by it. :D

How many can you reject without being penalized?

Handruin

Administrator
It is possible to buy Android apps from the web, even from iOS.

It is NOT possible to buy an iOS app except from with iOS or within itunes. I want to gift an app and Apple completely does not support that. The only thing I can do is buy an itunes gift card, apparently.

Yes, that seems correct for Apple's system. The app has to be tied to the user's iTunes account. It's silly of Apple to not allow gifting to a user's iTunes account. I know you hate Steam, but this is one thing they do very well is allow for giftable games. I've often times purchased two games, gifted one, and the only repayment I ask is for the friend(s) to play the game with me. Works well and generates them lots of business.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Hmm, people in my company are getting itunes pushed to their corporate PC via landesk. Only reason I can come up with is they are prepping a move to iphone. I wouldn't care if it is a 3gs at this point, just take the blackberry away.

Mercutio

Yes, that seems correct for Apple's system. The app has to be tied to the user's iTunes account. It's silly of Apple to not allow gifting to a user's iTunes account. I know you hate Steam, but this is one thing they do very well is allow for giftable games.

When I get Steam gift codes, usually from a video card purchase, I go on the web and give them to somebody, actually.
I want to give my stripper friend a copy of Swords and Sworcery. She doesn't have a credit card she can associate with her itunes account so the ipad I gave her is basically crippled. It's her Netflix/Youtubepad at this point.