The storageforum Audi S4 Thread

Stereodude

Not really a
We got some good information about the 2013 S4 in this thread based on the information already in the US dealers ordering systems. Specifically exterior and interior color choices.

Handruin

Administrator
That's good news. I was tempted to go to my dealer this evening and inquire some more about the MY2013 to see if they had any updates but decided to hold off a little longer. It's nice to see the estoril blue is official. I need to really think about this as an option.

Stereodude

Not really a
I like the look of Estoril. My hang up on it (and any other blue) is the interior color. The black / red doesn't go with it and I don't like the idea of having light color seats since I think they'd show dirt easily. All black leather seems like it might be a little much with a dark exterior. Black leather / black alcantara as least has some visual contrast from the different in textures. I guess the black / brown fine nappa leather seats would be an option since they're apparently back for MY2013. The UK brochure doesn't show 2 tone leather / alcantara seats as being available on the refresh model, but the UK "Build Your Own" configurator does. So who knows there...

Stereodude

Not really a
Hmm... I'm not so sure about this

s4chestnutbrown.jpg

(rendering from UK configurator)

Stereodude

Not really a
I think there's a color profile issue with the output from Audi's UK configurator. I suspect this is more accurate.

s4chestnutbrown2.jpg

Here's an Audi "photo" (rendering?) of Chestnut Brown in an A4.

a4chestnutbrown.jpg

I still like this:

s4magma.jpg

Handruin

Administrator
I like the look of Estoril. My hang up on it (and any other blue) is the interior color. The black / red doesn't go with it and I don't like the idea of having light color seats since I think they'd show dirt easily. All black leather seems like it might be a little much with a dark exterior. Black leather / black alcantara as least has some visual contrast from the different in textures. I guess the black / brown fine nappa leather seats would be an option since they're apparently back for MY2013. The UK brochure doesn't show 2 tone leather / alcantara seats as being available on the refresh model, but the UK "Build Your Own" configurator does. So who knows there...

I agree that the black/red wouldn't go with the blue. I've made my mind up on the seats and I'm just going for the black.

Handruin

Administrator
Hmm... I'm not so sure about this

s4chestnutbrown.jpg

(rendering from UK configurator)

The brown is interesting. It's actually not that bad. This would be another I would need to see in person before buying it. I don't think it's for me though. The black/magma looks good in the picture. I still felt like it was too much for the car when I saw it in person.

I'd consider the black/silver combo had my current car not had something similar. My TL-S is a charcol/silver two-tone leather.
2007-Acura-TL-3.2-4dr-Sedan-Interior.jpg

I noticed that the UK configurator offers the option for a black headliner of silver. Do you know if that is a configuration option in the US? I hadn't thought about that either.

Also, I see an option for heated front and rear seats. That's something I've not seen before (the rear seats being heated). They have a bunch of other options I hadn't seen before, like the high beam assist?

Stereodude

Not really a
I noticed that the UK configurator offers the option for a black headliner of silver. Do you know if that is a configuration option in the US? I hadn't thought about that either.
I believe they're black in the US. Same with the carpet.

Also, I see an option for heated front and rear seats. That's something I've not seen before (the rear seats being heated). They have a bunch of other options I hadn't seen before, like the high beam assist?
There are lots of options on the car in Europe that aren't offered in the US.

ddrueding

Fixture
All the US A4s have heated rear seats as an option at the Prestige trim. For the interior, I can't stand black seats; they get so hot in the sun. Black headliner, black dash, Alcantara anywhere they'll put it, and everything else as light as possible. I have the light beige leather in my car and the light grey in the wife's, neither shows dirt much at all.

Stereodude

Not really a
All the US A4s have heated rear seats as an option at the Prestige trim.
I couldn't find any sign of heated rear seats being available for the A4 in or with any trim package.

For the interior, I can't stand black seats; they get so hot in the sun. Black headliner, black dash, Alcantara anywhere they'll put it, and everything else as light as possible. I have the light beige leather in my car and the light grey in the wife's, neither shows dirt much at all.
There are no light interiors in the S4. The 2-tone silver alcantara / black leather or silver / black fine nappa leather is as light as it's going to get.

ddrueding

Fixture
I couldn't find any sign of heated rear seats being available for the A4 in or with any trim package.

There are no light interiors in the S4. The 2-tone silver alcantara / black leather or silver / black fine nappa leather is as light as it's going to get.

I know, I'll be going with the silver alcantara.

Stereodude

Not really a
I've been seeing a lot of praise for the Alu Kreuz Billet Aluminum Drivetrain Stabilizer on Azine forums. Are these folks suffering from placebo, or is it really that good? In theory I get the idea and why it should help, but I'm not yet convinced.
I really don't know. I'm sure there's a healthy dose of placebo in play. That said, stiffening the chassis is rarely a bad thing.

Stereodude

Not really a
Did you see this thread on the Canadian S4 has a flat bottom wheel and no Alcantara seats only Nappa?!

• Alcantara is out, all cars have nappa leather including arm rest on door panels
  • Nav w/backup camera is standard on Priemum
  • BO sound system standard on Priemum

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...ian-S4-Is-Confirmed-To-Have-Flat-Bottom-Wheel
No, I hadn't gotten that far yet. I was completely swamped at a customer's today cleaning up their software mess so I'm just catching up. Canadian S4's have been different from the US ones in options and packages for some time. Their 2012 is not like the US 2012 in terms of packages. For example they get the color DIS in all S4 models. In the US you only get the color DIS with Navigation.

Stereodude

Not really a
I see you're asking good questions over on Audizine. It looks like if you don't have a lift the Alu Kreuz will be a pain to install since the wheels have to be dangling and you'll only buy yourself so much space under the with jack stands.

Handruin

Administrator
I see you're asking good questions over on Audizine. It looks like if you don't have a lift the Alu Kreuz will be a pain to install since the wheels have to be dangling and you'll only buy yourself so much space under the with jack stands.

I'm just killing time while I wait for this damn car to go on sale. :) I almost stopped at my local dealer today to inquire, but I suspect there isn't much news. Regarding the Alu Kreuz, that's what I concluded also. I have jack stands (two) and a hydraulic floor jack (one), but getting under the car to install that would be tight. I'm guessing some kind of breaker bar would be needed to untorque those bolts. I was mainly trying to see if there would be added costs for realignment and also how complicated of an install it was. It didn't look complicated, but sometimes you never know.

Handruin

Administrator
Am I the only one getting itchy and tiring of waiting?

Nope. I'm reading to pull the trigger and get this going. I've had nothing to contribute lately so I've been quiet. Every day on my way home from work I debate stopping at the dealer to inquire but I don't want to seem anxious. I check the other forums for the 2013 threads that you already know of so we are reading basically the same stuff. If anything you probably have other forums that I'm unaware of. :)

Stereodude

Not really a
Nope. I'm reading to pull the trigger and get this going.
Then we can move to the next stage of waiting

• Waiting to order
  • Waiting for it to be built
  • Waiting for it to be shipped
  • Waiting for the boat to arrive
  • Waiting for it to get from port to the local dealer
  • Waiting for the local dealer to PDI / prep the car
So, only a little more waiting to go. :cry:

Handruin

Administrator
Did you both decide the color? SD are you still doing monsoon gray and ddrueding I think was going white? I'm giving real consideration to the Estoril blue.

Stereodude

Not really a
Indeed. The only thing we won't have to wait for is them taking our money. :(
tumblrm0zogu4bin1qdtrk1c.jpg

:D

Anyone changed their mind on what options or colors they want?

I occasionally waffle on the exterior paint and interior color, but always come back to Monsoon Gray Metallic + Black / Magma (red) Fine Nappa Leather. I hear Estoril Blue Crystal trying to seduce me, but it a darker color (ie: more likely to show scratches and dirt) and I'm not really sure what interior to get with it. I think I want Fine Nappa Leather over Alcantara and am somewhat against the silver / black Nappa leather or all black Nappa leather. I'm unsure how the Chestnut Brown / Black Fine Nappa will really look in person... :scratch: So, around and round in circles I go...

Stereodude

Not really a
Did you both decide the color? SD are you still doing monsoon gray and ddrueding I think was going white? I'm giving real consideration to the Estoril blue.
I see you were posting while I was pontificating over my last post on the same topic. I'd probably get Estoril Blue if I was convinced I had a killer interior color to go with it.

ddrueding

Fixture
I've always felt that if a decision is really that difficult, it means all the choices are nearly equally as good, and you aren't really making a mistake with any of them.

Stereodude

Not really a
I've always felt that if a decision is really that difficult, it means all the choices are nearly equally as good, and you aren't really making a mistake with any of them.
I'm not sure I agree with you on this one. It's also possible you'll kick yourself for making the wrong call every time you get in and out of the car. :p

Handruin

Administrator
Did either of you put a deposit down on the S4? I stopped by the dealer this evening and they had no details. They offered to take a deposit of $500 to get in line early to order once it becomes available. I didn't put a deposite down because I wasn't sure how good an idea this was with no info on how long it will be.

ddrueding

Fixture
Nope. I won't put money on it until I can see an option list and know exactly what I'm getting. There is a looming issue that might scrub this whole thing anyway...more details later.

Stereodude

Not really a
Did either of you put a deposit down on the S4? I stopped by the dealer this evening and they had no details. They offered to take a deposit of $500 to get in line early to order once it becomes available. I didn't put a deposit down because I wasn't sure how good an idea this was with no info on how long it will be.
I have a fully refundable $500 deposit holding the first MY2013 S4 order slot at the dealer I've been working with.

BTW, I think I've officially flipped to Estoril Blue Crystal Effect w/ the Black / Silver Fine Nappa Leather. With proper care neither the darker paint or the lighter leather should be difficult to keep clean or looking nice. The black / silver interior should be a tad less boy-racer'ish than the black / magma red. I may flop back later though. :rotfl:

Handruin

Administrator
Nope. I won't put money on it until I can see an option list and know exactly what I'm getting. There is a looming issue that might scrub this whole thing anyway...more details later.

They said it was refundable but I still didn't do it. Hope everything is ok. You've hinted a few times this might not work out.

ddrueding

Fixture
I'm guessing something else...

Quite so. I just cut a check for $25k that I wasn't expecting and will get nothing out of. That was the down payment for the S4 that would have made the monthly something I could deal with. Financing the whole thing basically doubles the monthly payment, and I can't deal with that. At this point the game is basically over; I'll just be making some performance mods to my A3 and crying into my soup.