Best movie you've seen

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Watched the new Snow White and the Huntsman.
Graphics are OK. They do a really good job of portraying the bad guys as totally bad, and you really want them dead as the movie goes on. The romance scenes are really slow, and the girl looks a bit like Joan of Arc with long hair.
Theron is very pretty, and plays an icy bitch very well. Type casting?

Kind of a side thread in that her fear of growing old is such a central theme for many women, and men.

Avengers has grossed about 1.3 billion dollars?

Stan Lee must be rolling...

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
We saw the Avegers (not sure if it was part II) and it was not really what I expected. The first half hour was awful and the remainder was just bad. :( The disparity between the unnatural powers of the deviants was bizarre. For example there was nothing special about the Scarlet Johansen character, but I suppose the producers needed some boobs for the teenage boys. Some of the other deviants were rather smug and arrogant, and therefore difficult to care about as protagonists. There was no sense that any of the deviants were truly in peril, which added to the boredom of the overly long film.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
The Avengers characters changed many times. The group went from being able to battle other worlds, to barely strong enough to battle Iron Man, or actually less.

Hawkeye and the Black Widow gave the group vulnerability, yet they also rise to take human abilities to extremes. Sort of the Bob Munden of archery, and the Widow clearly has a place in the group.

There are a couple scenes with Captain America out numbered, the Widow trying to jump on a scooter, etc. that gives rise to vulnerability.

Thor? Hulk? Only beings they are going to have problems with eat planets on a regular basis, or are Gods of Death. Oh, I forgot unstoppable juggernauts created by the All-Father and the like.

I really enjoy the movie on BluRay. Nearly 3D in 2D players.

Fury is a strong character, played well by Jackson.

I still think it's worth watching just for the Hulk meets Loki;-)

There are some slow parts. The dialogue between Loki and Thor gets just as old as it does in the comics.

I loved the line,

"Are you scared of a little lightning?"

"I'm just not overly fond of what follows."

Joss Whedon has directed a lot of stuff I really like. Buffy, Angel, and Firefly come to mind.
He is also a talented screen writer.

Other good lines:
Steve Rogers: Thor, what's his play?
Thor: He has an army, called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract.
Steve Rogers: An army. From outer space.
Bruce Banner: So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for.
Thor: Selvig?
Bruce Banner: He's an astrophysicist.
Thor: He's a friend.
Natasha Romanoff: Loki has them under some kind of spell. Along with one of ours.
Steve Rogers: I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here.
Bruce Banner: I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You can smell crazy on him.
Thor: Have a care how you speak! Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard and he is my brother!
Natasha Romanoff: He killed eighty people in two days.
Thor: He's adopted.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Just finished Lost, middle seasons were pretty interesting but the end of the last season was a solid meh. A good experience if you never saw it but not a keeper, I'll be boxing it up and putting it back up on ebay.

Jaws in bluray was cleaned up very nicely, they treated this classic well. Still waiting for Lawrence of Arabia to get the same treatment.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I could not get into Lost at all.
The other show that other people seem to like that completely mystifies me is Breaking Bad.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I like that one too, I need to catch up on my season pass. Heard they postponed the last part until next year or something.

Mercutio

I'm actually kind of giddy to see the duet between Maximus Decimus Meridus and Wolverine.

[video=youtube;STv2Z0AB_TI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STv2Z0AB_TI[/video]

Handruin

Administrator
I'm still working through older shows. I finished all of Stargate SG1. I made it half way through Stargate Atlantis before Netflix removed the series. I then switched over to West Wing. In between I watch a bunch of the TED talks since most are short. I did watch all of Lost. I enjoyed it, but there were times during some of the seasons where I was kind of out of it. Overall I thought it was good, but I don't see myself re-watching the series.

Mercutio

I've watched the first two seasons of Breaking Bad. It's pretty good.

I don't really think that it is. I think everyone on the show is sort of a caricature of a person that exists to make Malcolm's Dad look good, and I couldn't suspend my disbelief that actual human beings would make the decisions being made or react in the ways that they were on the show. I watched into the third season, waiting for the parts where good and interesting things were going to happen.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Duno, watching people make bad decisions is part of the entertainment IMO.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
That's a good way to put it, I was entertained for something like two months of TV watching. I'd rate it much higher than most of the dreck that's on TV now.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Not a movie per se but I watched The Walking Dead on AMC for the first time last night. Now downloading seasons 1 & 2 ;) .

Handruin

Administrator
Not a movie per se but I watched The Walking Dead on AMC for the first time last night. Now downloading seasons 1 & 2 ;) .

I'm enjoying the series. It's one of the few I actually wait to watch it live on TV. I don't follow any other TV series.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I heard that made a big comeback, I watched season 1 and was generally neutral about it.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
The zombies can get a little old but I need something to watch until Game of Thrones comes back.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
No Showtime, only HBO. Then again I guess there are always torrents.

Mercutio

The biggest problem I have with The Walking Dead is... I've been reading the monthly comic since issue #2 was on the stands (they're up to around #103 or #104 now). Robert Kirkman cannot write denouement to save his life. He can build tension upon tension upon tension and the Walking Dead actually plays very well to that, just by its nature. But when there needs to be a payoff, it's inevitably shallow, or the most important consequences get shoved aside without any examination. I can't give specific examples without broadly spoiling things, but as a monthly reader I grew more and more annoyed and I finally dropped the title a couple issues ago.

I would like to put forth Eric Powell's The Goon as a much more worthy zombie project.
Plus Eric Powell himself is cool as hell. The man owns a roller derby team.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!

Mercutio

Oh hai Iron Man 3!

[video=youtube;5EjG-1U3wqA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EjG-1U3wqA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The villain in this one is most often called The Mandarin, foreshadowed in the first movie. I don't expect they'll call him that in the movie, but in terms of Iron Man villains it's like the Joker showing up for Batman.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I hope they aren't killing Pepper off.
Why wouldn't they call the Mandarin the Mandarin?
Yes the 10 rings, and the guy in the background with the bald head in the first movie are a bit of a clue.

Been watching Glee. Fun.
The Voice marathon last night.

Arrow seems to be very popular, and not bad.
Castle?
Covert Affairs was fun.
Last Resort is canceled.
Scandal, Person of Interest, Ncis, NCIS LA, Nashville, Merlin, Hawaii Five 0 CSI NY sometimes, Revenge, Vegas are on my watch list. Elementary was, have to check on if it's canceled.

Mercutio

Why wouldn't they call the Mandarin the Mandarin?

He's a giant racial stereotype with slanty eyes and a fu manchu mustache. In the modern comics, he's almost always referred to by his proper name and shown in a business suit rather than Imperial robes.