What happened to P5 ?

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Saddened to hear about Mark. As has been said, 57 is an early death.

Thanks to Merc for reaching out to me to inform me about Mark.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Crap. This is real now. :pale: :cry:
Does anyone know what happened? Was it the cancer?

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Is Mark's passing the first one for either Storage Forum or Storage Review that we know of??
It's a first for me. (A forum member passing)

Thanks for the news Merc.

Handruin

Administrator
I think that would be nice to share some memories of how we knew him and the things he's done to help each of us in our own ways and the community as a whole. If at the very least, his brother and whatever other family Mark may have had might appriciate knowing some of these thoughts and also may be interested in seeing 14+ years of a journal of sorts from his posts here on SF (among other forums he was a part of).

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Is Mark's passing the first one for either Storage Forum or Storage Review that we know of??
It's a first for me. (A forum member passing)

Thanks for the news Merc.

I don't know about the post-Eugene era, but it may the first time for SR and at all here.
With all the members that disappear over the years I would expect some have died.
At the other forums I frequent, people die every once in a while.

sedrosken

Florida Man
I can't really participate in the whole 'sharing memories' thing mostly because I don't have a lot of them to share. I came in here in the very last few months of Mark's being around, and I only ever really ran into him in the Folding forum, where he was always willing to help. That's all I can say, really -- I never knew him all that well.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
As Handruin will attest, I simply didn't believe it. The crunch was when Mercutio reported, "he was known as an entrepreneurial person but also a free spirit". I guess that sealed it for most of us. :(

Yes, I would like to offer condolences, although his brother may well have been estranged for all we know.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
If anyone would like to contribute some words, I'm probably going to mail something to P5's brother next week. I think it might be easier to print off comments.

Mercutio

I sent a letter to the address I was given for Mark's brother on Monday expressing our collective condolences.

Handruin

Administrator
Thanks for sending the letter. Did you point him to the forums?

Mercutio

Just to the general Storageforum.net site. I said that we as a community held him in highest regard, particularly for his contributions to support and technical topics and for his work with the Folding At Home project. I mostly thought it was important to say that we all lost something.