WD 2TB @ 7200 RPM

Stereodude

Not really a
Their crash rating is actually tolerable.
I'm not so sure about that. Their crash test rating is in comparison to other cars in that class of vehicle. A 5 star rated sub-compact is not necessarily (and not likely) safer than a 3 star rated full size. It just means that the 5 star rated sub-compact is in the top tier of sub-compacts.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Yeah, well what happens when it "meets" a Yukon or Sequioa?

Handruin

Administrator
The smart car was owned by the Mercedes. The Honda fit looked like it was possible to survive. At least the side air bag kept the drivers head inside the car unlike with the others.

LunarMist

Their tests don't provide much data. I'm not expecting a 4-platter drive to be the fastest. Anyway, who uses a 2TB drive for OS? The Hitachi drives have a copy problem, blah.

LunarMist

The FASS is getting cheaper by the minute. I've been happy with the FALS (only 1TB), which have been doing most of the heavy lifting for the past year or so. Decisions, decisions. :erm:

LunarMist

FASS is FAST. :D I should have tried them long ago, but the prices were a bit high. This one is uncool, but I suppose it will be fine at 40 °C indefinitely.

It seems a shame to ditch the two FALS after limited use. :santa:

LunarMist

It's starting to slow down. 936GB of files processed so far and there will be be about 400GB free in a few days. Then I get to delete and repeat a few iterations. :rabbit:

LunarMist

The 1.5TB FASS seems to be even a little faster than the 2TB. I thought they were the same other than 3 platters vs. 4. It's not shortstroked, but hmm.

LunarMist

There is a whole mess o' info on the label. I don't know which is the fimware. The mfg. date is 08 OCT 2010.