Upgrade Parts

Stereodude

Not really a
My problems with Microcenter are the half tank of gas between me and any savings and Cook or DuPage county sales tax. But I buy a CPU every single time I'm in Westmont so I figure it works out.
The Microcenter around here is only a few miles out of way on my drive home from one of the customer facilities I go two several times a week. Additionally, my employer pays for all the premium unleaded gasoline I can use in a month. Sales tax is 6% here, so it all works out well in my favor.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I got the Core i5 4670K.

I am trying to install this motherboard in an Antec P180 case and can't figure out where to connect the power or reset switches. Am I stupid or do I need a new case/power supply?

This is the power supply.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I am trying to install this motherboard in an Antec P180 case and can't figure out where to connect the power or reset switches. Am I stupid or do I need a new case/power supply?

The answer is that I'm stupid. I figured it out, and this post is from the system in question. It's beautiful that I don't need to change a single thing with my OS after booting it up with a new motherboard/CPU etc.

Stereodude

Not really a
Well, I don't think you don't need a new case or PS. Did you check out the manual (very large PDF)? Page 26 seems to show where the reset and power switch connect to. They connect to the F_PANEL (Front Panel Header) connector.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
This upgrade is a nice speed boost coming from a Q6600. I'm sure I'll notice a nice speedup when using an IDE.

Handruin

Administrator
This upgrade is a nice speed boost coming from a Q6600. I'm sure I'll notice a nice speedup when using an IDE.

I'm sure you will. I noticed the decrease in load times when I added an SSD to my laptop. Eclipse and Intellij open so fast after that change. Even the dialogs and menu switching was noticeably faster when comparing my slow machine at work compared to my laptop.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I had an Intel SSD in that machine before, but the difference in CPU speed is still pretty noticeable. I think the new SSD is probably faster than my G2 80GB Intel SSD as well.