The storageforum Audi S4 Thread

Handruin

Administrator
The EuroCode Meisterwork ASTS looks like a piece of art. I'm not sure I want to start modding my car right out of the gate though.

I don't really see the value for my needs. It is an awesome-looking piece but 99% of it will be covered under the shift knob and boot. I don't functionally need to exert more force to shift faster and possibly cause extra wear on the synchros.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
Well reportedly Audi invoices the dealer a per car amount for the amount of regional advertising Audi corporate does in that market / area. So, it's not the dealer spending the money and tacking it onto the car, but Audi of America. Still, I agree it's odd. They should either bake it into the base price or put it on the invoice.

I know you guys in here are really smart about these things and aren't going to be screwed over by the dealer but why the F^&@ is there so much bullshit involved with buying a car? If the average Joe thought he could walk into a dealer and really get an honest deal he'd probably buy a new car more often?

Stereodude

Not really a
I know you guys in here are really smart about these things and aren't going to be screwed over by the dealer but why the F^&@ is there so much bullshit involved with buying a car? If the average Joe thought he could walk into a dealer and really get an honest deal he'd probably buy a new car more often?
I think both the customers and dealer have brought it on themselves. Thanks to the internet the average customer has too much information about the dealer "cost" and wants to squeeze every dime out out of the dealer by getting the car below invoice. The dealer in turn makes their money up on the other side in questionable fees and charging for high profit things customer don't really want, but have already been done to the car. Things like ScotchGuard, pinstriping, some paint treatment, etc, etc, etc...

I can't think of another product that's purchased in the same way. I don't know how much the grocery store pays for a gallon of milk. I see the price and am either willing to pay it or not. I don't know how much Newegg pays for a hard drive. I don't know their profit margin. I see the price and am either willing to pay it or not. Even houses which are more expensive than cars are not purchased in the same way.

Why is it this way? I think it's partly because the dealership ends up in a more adversarial role than most purchases and the customer has more motivation to try to screw them. Customers don't value the dealer and dealer don't value the customers.

Stereodude

Not really a
I switched my insurance over on my current car tonight. Geico saved me about 56% on my current car. Their quote for the S4 would put at 15% less than my current car under my old insurance, but more (35%) under the new insurance. If I compared geico to my old insurance when comparing a policy for the S4, my old company is 74% more expensive for slightly less coverage. Anyway, I'm saving money on both cars and switching cars should be slightly easier under the same insurance company when the time comes.
Make sure you read this thread. Geico isn't very popular.

Sensay77

What is this storage?
Could you photoshop this picture with the hyper silver 701's? It would be nice to compare. Thanks.

I did a really bad photoshop hack on the other guys Estoril blue with the wheel.
9mDgX.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Handruin

Administrator
My car just came in. It's way ahead of when I thought it would be here. I can't get it until next Sunday though for travel reasons. Lol

Handruin

Administrator
Could you photoshop this picture with the hyper silver 701's? It would be nice to compare. Thanks.

I did a really bad photoshop hack on the other guys Estoril blue with the wheel.
9mDgX.jpg

I'll give it a try when I have access to my PC when I get back from my trip.

Handruin

Administrator
If they were good friends they'd understand. :p

They are great friends which is why it can wait. :)

I'm wondering if both our cars were on the same boat. Maybe mine got here first because I'm closer to the port.

Stereodude

Not really a
I'm wondering if both our cars were on the same boat. Maybe mine got here first because I'm closer to the port.
I wondered the same thing.

BTW, what all is on your list of stuff to buy from Detailer's Domain? I've spend a pile of money on detailing related stuff between them and Autogeek.net.

Handruin

Administrator
I wondered the same thing.

BTW, what all is on your list of stuff to buy from Detailer's Domain? I've spend a pile of money on detailing related stuff between them and Autogeek.net.

I can't get the wishlist to open on my phone. I've been shopping between both of those places also. Mainly cleaners, towels, waxes, etc. I'll post the specific stuff when I have better access. I only have access via my phone for now.

Stereodude

Not really a
I can't get the wishlist to open on my phone. I've been shopping between both of those places also. Mainly cleaners, towels, waxes, etc. I'll post the specific stuff when I have better access. I only have access via my phone for now.
I'm geeked about the foam gun attachment I ordered for my pressure washer. I hope it works half as well as the one DetailsDomain uses on customer cars. I get jealous when I see the pictures like this one where the foam just sticks to the car and doesn't run or slide down it.

DSC_1579.jpg

My Gilmour foam gun that works from the hose is much better than nothing, but the foam does slide and run off the car.

However, it not worth the $1100 for the setup (Kranzle K1120T and Cam Spray Foam Canon) they're using. Since it's the pressure that makes such nice foam I figure the 1850 PSI of mine should do alright. I've got my fingers crossed. :D

Stereodude

Not really a
So the dealer expects my car to arrive on Thursday. Depending when it arrives in the day I can either get it Thursday evening or Friday.

Handruin

Administrator
So the dealer expects my car to arrive on Thursday. Depending when it arrives in the day I can either get it Thursday evening or Friday.

Nice. Congrats. I'm scheduled to get mine Sunday afternoon. I confirmed my supplier certificate today is ok and also that they won't paint logos or stick dealer names on the car. I said I was fine with the license plate frame.

Stereodude

Not really a
Since it's the pressure that makes such nice foam I figure the 1850 PSI of mine should do alright. I've got my fingers crossed. :D
I haven't gotten it yet, but it looks like there's another component to the equation. In order to make the best foam the gun needs to inject air into the stream. If you don't you end up with a runny foam. Unfortunately, it seems the $20 setup I got doesn't include air in the foam. :*

Handruin

Administrator
I haven't gotten it yet, but it looks like there's another component to the equation. In order to make the best foam the gun needs to inject air into the stream. If you don't you end up with a runny foam. Unfortunately, it seems the $20 setup I got doesn't include air in the foam. :*

That's a bummer. I haven't looked into a foam gun. I don't have a power washer either, so I was just planning a basic two-bucket approach with grit guards.