<1 ms
Download
202.91 Mbps
Upload
20.92 Mbps

It felt snappy but this is absurd...

Handruin

Administrator
Ping under a ms? That can't be right. Can it?

Well...it's all relative to the server or location that is being pinged and this can be easily made to look good under any circumstance. There's no additional information to describe what test was performed or the software used.

Santilli, how are the data caps working out for you with Comcast?

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
8442175.png

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/8442175

sedrosken

Florida Man
At home my speed now averages under 1Mbps down, 0.2Mbps up. Here at the college mI get 20Mbps down 5MBps up for free, and I'm happy with that. It's the fastest internet access I've ever had to myself and it's way faster than I needed it to be. I'd have been content with 5Mbps down, 1 up.

Stereodude

Not really a
The test I just ran shows 71.8Mbps down and 6.01 up for my home connection. That's news to me. Time to see if I can save some money by downgrading.

Handruin

Administrator
Yes. FIOS gigabit internet. They ran fiber right into the house. Price for the package was also $50 less per month than TWC/Spectrum.

That's a little short of what they advertise for their gigabite. Are you using their router? Still a nice speed relatively speaking.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
That's a little short of what they advertise for their gigabite. Are you using their router? Still a nice speed relatively speaking.
It's all their equipment. When I test using their speed test, I'm getting 948 Mbps up and 927 Mbps down. Any other speed test seems to give something in the range of high 300s to low 500s. Sure, perhaps not as advertised, but still a major step up from the 70 Mbps down and 6 Mbps up I was getting from TWC.

What's nice is their modem also provides 5G. I'm getting 345 Mbps up and 320 Mbps down on any mobile devices equipped with 5G. TWC's modem in theory had Wifi, but they locked it out unless you pay $10 more per month. I managed to set up Internet connection sharing and used another modem I had with Wifi, but speeds were pitiful. Overall, I'm pretty happy. More TV channels as well.