Something Random

ddrueding

Fixture
Buck said:
I hope things go well Dave. Did you hit the tooth on a bottle of beer? :D

I wish, it was actually a Tri-tip, the knife was a little too sharp and cut off a piece of bone for me to chew on. That was about a month ago.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Went to PF Changs a few weeks ago, their Mongolian Beef was fantastic. Duck wasn't half bad either.

Also went to Champs Sports Bar whatchamacallit, bourbon soaked pork chops were heavenly.

For today, a few rounds of Sleeman Honey Brown Lager.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Also purchasing a truck, an '87 Chevy C10 pickup, with a 5.7L V8 donk. Started beautiful after 20+ days under a foot of snow, she purrs lubbly.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Haven't worked out mileage yet, but I'd be happy with 13 GPM :) I'll have to get some snow tires for it or I'll just be doing donuts all over the place.

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Pradeep said:
Haven't worked out mileage yet, but I'd be happy with 13 GPM :) I'll have to get some snow tires for it or I'll just be doing donuts all over the place.
You may even do better than that. I get 17 mpg in my 2002 F-150 wtih a 5.4 liter engine.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
As far as Thai food goes I have settled on the Pad Kee Mow, 5-star. I've searched the web and the only constant seems to be the noodles.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Just about every Monday we go down to Thai Smile 3. Interestingly, 1, 2 and 4 are in Frankfurt, KY, Muncie, IN and Louisville, KY respectively. They are all ownened by relatives.

jtr will be glad to know that we take the electric shuttle the twelve blocks.

$5.95 lunch special for Thai coconut soup and entree. I had the Pad Kee Mow Goonk this time. Shrimp instead of chicken. The owner remembers what I ordered in previous times and where I sat. Cool little place.

time

Storage? I am Storage!

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
time said:
The final form of the Bugatti Veyron looks much better than expected. The 1000hp engine's not bad either: 0-100kph (63mph) in 2.9s, 0-300kph in 14s, and I love the fact that it's speed limited to 400kph (250mph) ... :eek:

Beautiful indeed. However, as the article points out, if the 1250Nm of torque available in the Bugatti is not within your budget, perhaps you could settle for the CL65 Benz with only 1000Nm of torque. Sadly, it is limited to 250Km/h.

ddrueding

Fixture
Insomnia sucks. Especially when you run out of alcohol.

What to do when no-one is posting to SR or SF?

1. Refresh the forums as fast as your web connection (and Firefox) can handle it.
2. Read a slashdot thread in the gaming section on "-1"

Damn, I'm not even creative enough to think up things that stupid.

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
I doubt it would be able to go significantly faster than 400km/h even without the limiter. It takes a hell of a lot to go that fast, although the Maclaren F-1 did manage 391km/h with just over half the power... I've gotta say I much prefered the looks of the old EB110SS to those of the Veyron. It looks too soft and mushy rather than a purposeful machine, and the interior is vile IMO.

Anyone care to drool with me?

http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=4022336&src=msn

I don't care what they say, I think the Benz is beautiful.

I prefer the SL55 AMG or better still the Brabus version with the 6.1 twin turbo engine, 640hp/1026Nm :wink:

time

Storage? I am Storage!
NRG = mc² said:
I doubt it would be able to go significantly faster than 400km/h even without the limiter. It takes a hell of a lot to go that fast ...

Ummm, it has a hell of a lot. Top speed is pretty much a function of the square root of the power versus the aerodynamic efficiency (frontal area + drag). It has more power than a current F1 car and quite a lot less drag (but more frontal area).

The WM P88 Peugeot reached 405km/h at LeMans, with similar power to a current F1 but better aerodynamics.

The Comp Air 7 can cruise at up to 440km/h with 660hp.

So it's certainly a reasonable probability that the Veyron's theoretical top speed is somewhat above 400km/h.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
On Saturday I had the "pleasure" of sitting thru a 5 hour pre licensing road safety course. In it, it was explained to me how to conduct a three point turn, and a parallel park.

I'll be sending a stern letter to Tas Motor vehicles asking them to demand a road test from any NY drivers that want to obtain a Tassie license. Reciprocity is the way to go.

Road test is on Friday. Now to try to put all my bad driving habits aside for a day....

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Pradeep said:
On Saturday I had the "pleasure" of sitting thru a 5 hour pre licensing road safety course. In it, it was explained to me how to conduct a three point turn, and a parallel park.

I'll be sending a stern letter to Tas Motor vehicles asking them to demand a road test from any NY drivers that want to obtain a Tassie license. Reciprocity is the way to go.

Road test is on Friday. Now to try to put all my bad driving habits aside for a day....
LOL Good luck and don't forget which side of the road to drive on. :)

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Passed the road test today. And so I join the millions of barely competent NY drivers :) On a sadder note my truck blew a valve cover when I tried to start it today :( It may have to be put to sleep.

Had to use the mother-in-law's truck for the test.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Pradeep said:
Passed the road test today. And so I join the millions of barely competent NY drivers :) On a sadder note my truck blew a valve cover when I tried to start it today :( It may have to be put to sleep.

Had to use the mother-in-law's truck for the test.

Congratulations on passing the road test. :) Now all you need to practice is keeping your anger in check as you deal with the legions of idiot NY drivers. :x

I think Prof. Wizard jinxed your truck in that thread on SR. :(

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
ddrueding said:
This is a great weight loss plan, BTW.

I lost about 5 pounds myself when I had the flu. About the only other positive thing was I caught up on the first two parts of Lord of the Rings, which happened to be on cable when I was sick. I watched them like five times each.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Pradeep, good to hear about your driver's license, but sad to hear about your truck. If it is just a valve cover gasket, then a fix should be easy enough.

DDR, sorry to read that you've had the stomach flu. Fortunately it will pass (unfortunately more painfully then we'd like).

ddrueding

Fixture
Well, by midnight last night I was on to soup. ANd a good thing considering I'm off to work right now.

I managed to watch a bunch of TV shows a friened got for me.

Viva la bam (full season)
Simpsons (first 3 seasons)
Futurarama (First 2 seasons)
Family Guy (ALL OF THEM!)

I think I benefit more from cracking my anal-retentive friend's TIVOs than I would by having one myself ;)