Something Random

sedrosken

Allergic to Sunlight
So, 19.4.1 causes BSODs as well, specifically a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED in dxgmms2.sys. Time to return to my old standby, 18.3.4. Nvidia's not exactly a shining example of driver writer competency either -- I hear one of their newer drivers consumed a whole CPU thread for Pascal cards a little while back, but at least I wasn't scared to use my computer after updating my drivers back when I had my 960. Still getting MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs on rare occasion as well, I hope it's something reseating my RAM will fix, I can't afford a new DDR3 kit that will fit under my radiator. If I can't fix it I may as well sell the board and chip to try to recoup some costs and just bite the bullet and build a cheap R5-1600 based rig -- I can drive up to the Cincinnati area to go to a Microcenter to get the chip for 80 freedom dollarydoos, and the board will be about the same for a half-decent example on the used market. RAM's gonna be the big expense either way because I'll have to get a good kit unless I want my infinity fabric speed to be dramatically cut, and DDR3 is expensive because no one makes it anymore and it's in demand.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a
I gave up after a couple minutes of a circle rotating. I suppose it is normal to download a half gig just on the front page nowadays.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!