Something Random

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Check here and read section (g) at the bottom.

The last time I got the 'full' package to fill out there were questions like 'how many bathrooms do you have' and 'do you have wall to wall carpeting'.

Ironically, that seems to be covered by your section (g): matters relating to population and housing.

The only questions required by the Constitution, How many people live here, how many are children. See here Article I, Section 2, Clause 3.
No where in there does it want my income level.

So you don't recognize any law that isn't already part of the constitution? That must make for an interesting life.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
How many people have wall-to-wall carpet in the bathroom? It seems odd to me.

LunarMist

I prefer hardwood, heated from below if possible.

At my boss' place the foyer (sinks and closets) of many of the bathrooms have carpeting.

I mean the toilet/tub/shower areas. Of course the dressing areas often have carpet. Not that the census takers should care where you have the carpets. I once received the long form, but do not rememeber anything about carpeting. I recall that the questions were not particularly onerous, and the govs would have most of the info anyway. The toilets would be part of the house plan for example.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Memo to self: do not get into pissing contest with Lunar without first taking out flood insurance. :eek:

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I'd go with carpet in the bathroom. Not deep pile stuff, but since I keep a litter box in my bathroom for my cats, I'd rather vacuum than have to sweep and scrub the little bits that get tracked out when they do their business. Kitty litter vacuums easily. It's not so easy to get off the floor once it's gotten wet and ground into tile.

Handruin

Administrator
Carpet in the bathroom really would bug the shit out of me. Carpets hold all sorts of nastiness in them no matter how good of a vacuum you have. I prefer a ceramic tile or something non-porous (linoleum/vinyl/Corian) that would absorb the absurdities that come out of human bodies. Cleaning tile and hardwood flooring is much easier than carpet and you know once it's clean. Carpet just makes you think it's clean because you can't see what's lurking beneath.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Cleaning tile and hardwood flooring is much easier than carpet and you know once it's clean. Carpet just makes you think it's clean because you can't see what's lurking beneath.

When kitty litter gets wet on tile, it turns into a hard, glue-like substance that has to be scraped off with something designed for scraping. When kitty litter gets wet on carpet, it still dries out, but it flakes off easily and can be vacuumed up.

I'll take the carpet.

Handruin

Administrator
When kitty litter gets wet on tile, it turns into a hard, glue-like substance that has to be scraped off with something designed for scraping. When kitty litter gets wet on carpet, it still dries out, but it flakes off easily and can be vacuumed up.

I'll take the carpet.

I don't ever remember having a problem like that. Maybe it's the type of litter being used or just messy cats or something. I usually keep the litter pan in the bathroom which is a tile floor. If that were to happen, you can easily scratch a tile clean with a razor blade. I've done that in the past without any issue after paint spilled and dried on my kitchen tile. Most of the time the kitty litter is just the dry bits on the floor which are really easy to sweep or vacuum up. You know when you've cleaned it all up unlike in some carpets.

LunarMist

Sometimes it's not your fault, it's your neighbors. But your lowest drain just happens to be lower.

Sometimes the house water goes out and comes back later, blowing the sink faucet open while you are sleeping. Sometimes there are tree roots and the washing machine comes out of the toilet. Sometimes the tub overflow tube is clogged. Stuff happens. :(

LunarMist

Memo to self: do not get into pissing contest with Lunar without first taking out flood insurance. :eek:

Insurance for water damage is different from flood insurance, at least in the US.

Stereodude

Not really a
So I'm borrowing a set of these from a friend. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying a set. They're pretty darn spectacular! :thumbleft:
So they lowered the price $200 since I was looking at these last week. And they now ship with a more flexible silver cord instead of the overly stiff & fat Canare based cord that came with the pair I'm borrowing.

The plot thickens... :thumbleft:

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Yes, it's comfortable. The cushions are still a bit stiff. I sat in a floor model at Room and Board that was broken in and it was more comfortable. I will just need to spend a lot of time sitting here to break it in.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
The cushions are still a bit stiff.
Maybe because it's made for American-size asses (which, IIRC, you have not). I'm sure they would be very soft if you'd put a 350lbs bag of saturated fat on them. You may have bought the wrong chair for your physique.

Handruin

Administrator
Maybe because it's made for American-size asses (which, IIRC, you have not). I'm sure they would be very soft if you'd put a 350lbs bag of saturated fat on them. You may have bought the wrong chair for your physique.

Where does one get a 350 LB bag of saturated fat?

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Damn census called again. Apparently they call four months this year and the same four months next year. They do ask salary, union, hours and OT hours worked questions every time. I don't mind so much the questions but repeatedly asking the same things is what annoys me.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I like my HM mirra chair, quite nice and built to last except for the armrests, they are getting a bit mushy. I should look up a replacement actually. Anyone ever dealt with HM for an RMA?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Hmmm...Sure looks comfortable for a light person, but I'm ~200lbs and I wouldn't feel safe sitting on that chair. How much weight is it rated for?