R9 290x $212.99

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
NCIX has the Powercolor 290X for $262.99 - $30 MIR. MIR expires on 1/31/15. Plus you can use the promo code "NEWCUST20GCJAN" to get a $20 NCIX gift card. Smoking deal on a 290X.

Ripped from Slickdeals.

Smoking deal. I hope Doug doesn't puke when he reads it.

Handruin

Administrator
I knew it would eventually happen. :) I was able to offset the cost of mine quite a bit with the coins even if I never fully paid for them. I'd still skip them and get an Nvidia now even with their memory spec screw-up. I've had more driver issues with my R9 290X in windows than I care for. Even on a clean windows install with just AMD drivers I had issues...boggles my mind how after so many years they still can't get it right. After resolving them, I still get windows event log errors from AMD.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Yeah you definitely got your money's worth out of that card! I just can't believe the plunge yesterday.

I sold the 270 I bought from Erik just last week for about $10 more than I paid him for it. :) I could never get the monitor to wake up after it went to sleep. I attributed it to the AMD drivers.

I would like to get a good, capable and quiet nVidia card for my 1920x1080 monitor. Thinking about an GTX 960 in the next couple months unless there are any suggestions!