PC Gaming = World of Suck

ddrueding

Fixture
a. They released on Steam a year later, and likely had learned a lot already.
b. That Steam is better than a Microsoft console is like saying I'm smarter than a brick.

Sol

Storage is cool
Wow, Portal 2 has been out over a week and Aus is only just getting it? I didn't think that happened anymore.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Wow, Portal 2 has been out over a week and Aus is only just getting it? I didn't think that happened anymore.
Did you forget that we are the arse end of the world?

Big item stuff, especially movies in the theater we get in line with the rest of the world, but anything else like books, DVD/BD releases and even electronics we take a back seat and wait for the boat to circumnavigate the world a few times, and lose a few containers overboard before we get our allocation...

(This post was made with extreme sarcasm).

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Oz will have had Thor for three weeks before I get to see it.

It's really too bad about Portal 2 being a steam title.

Handruin

Administrator
It's really too bad about Portal 2 being a steam title.

Only for you. You're letting a tiny thing get in the way of a great game. Just tell yourself you're paying admission to interact with a great movie. You only get to play/watch it once, but it was worth it. Any time after that is bonus.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
My eldest daughter saw Thor today. I'll try to summarize:

Enjoyed it. Yes, it is funny. For once, Anthony Hopkins didn't overact and the result was good. The guy who played Thor was fine, but the role didn't require as much of a range as some people have suggested. Gagged when realized Natalie Portman was in it, but she was okay. Direction very good. Couldn't help but speculate if Branagh would rather be playing the lead himself. Loki is a sympathetic character (just needs a hug).

Hardly Citizen Kane, but good entertainment.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
What's wrong with Natalie Portman?

I really don't know. Perhaps she's overhyped (eg. dancing in the Black Swan) and has said some silly things?

Stereodude: where would you like it? I wouldn't call it a review; more a third-hand quick impression. ;)

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
What's wrong with Natalie Portman?

She's 29 but still looks like a little girl. She was good in The Professional and Beautiful girls when she actually was a girl. But she has trouble playing grown-ups now that she's an adult. She was good in Black Swan but then again she was playing a young woman in that role who still lives with her mommy. My 2 cents worth.

Time to grow up Natalie and get a boob job while you're at it.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
She is a fine actor; no need for mutilation like so many no talents out there.

Mercutio

Handruin

Administrator
CoOp? I'm about 6 hours in and I feel like it must be nearing the end.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
My friend and I did the two pack, he wasn't into the portal 1 but he blew past me and already finished portal 2. I haven't had the time myself but I was really enjoying it last weekend. Portal is just no pressure fun.

Handruin

Administrator
Valve's state of the art security system. Cracked me the fuck up...lol

F9qLL.jpg

Sol

Storage is cool
Got my copy of Brink today, and as a special bonus for not only buying the game (instead of pirating it) but even going so far as to pre-order it, I don't get to actually play it until tomorrow... Apparently major games publishers are now required by law to be arseholes to their customers. Pirates and Americans have, of course, been playing the game for a couple of days now.

Mercutio

I'm fairly convinced at this point that pirates always have the moral high ground in this debate. Game companies other than maybe Stardock tend to be pretty goddamned evil.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm sure that you'd bet your money on it if the bet was low enough. It's nowhere near that....

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Master of Magic. They're doing MechWarrior. Wing Commander would be good too. I found my old Wing Commander 3 CD's the other day.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Thanks, interesting list. Having played many of them, I certainly understand why.

BTW, ROTT is rumoured to be getting a reboot: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/4112/20_years_of_evolution_scott_.php?page=9 (Very last question).

And back in Aug 2009, it was rumoured as well, that X-Wing would be making a return: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/697997/lucasarts-teasing-x-wing-tie-fighter-announcement/

So those 2 are certainly being looked at. For some of the others, there are open source works already happening, especially for anything Civ based.

Anyway the reason I asked, I'm currently about to finish off one of my hobby projects, and for my next project am considering a game this time. The only clause, is that it should encompass no more than 200hrs hours to complete, since most of my time is split between family life and Uni.

Mercutio

Master of Magic would be at the top of my list. Alpha Centauri would also be way up there. So would Starflight.

A new, 2D version of Scorched Earth would be quite nice as well.