NAS Drive

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
They have free 2-day delivery to the house for orders over $35.

Capture.JPG

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Home delivery is not an option now. I ordered and will see if they are in by Fridays.

LunarMist

So I opened one of the extra drives from a month ago or so, and the internal drives are a different kind of RED from what is sold online.
The model is WD80EFAX, so maybe it is of a lower grade or has different internal organs.

The cases really crack and cut the fingers. :(

LunarMist

I keep getting the error message from the NAS that there is a fan failure at startup, yet fans are both working. It's quite annoyingly beeping at us each time. :(
The fans are typically pretty easy to replace, though I've only had to do it once.

I checked the TS-831X logs and there have been no warnings for a few months. I think it was resolved by a QTS update in August or early September. There was nothing mentioned in the release notes though.

I was a bit surprised to note that the newest drives are listed as having been in operation for about as long as they have been installed. However, I have the power saving in effect and the drives spin down after 30 minutes of idle. Does a drive remain under power when parked and that time counts on the odometer so to speak?