Missing Members

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Buck hasn't posted for at least three months, and he last checked in 6 weeks ago.

Cougtek cut off all contact after the Dubai headhunter incident nearly 7 weeks ago.

Gary and his many brethren are up to 7 weeks, but that's not extraordinary for him.

Sechs left 7.5 weeks ago but last posted 3 1/2 months back.

It's been 5 months for CityK ... and nothing in the 2 months before that.

Of course, there are many more - I was just focusing on members with more than a thousand posts who have actually posted in the last six months (not Groltz at nearly 10 months :().

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I can E-mail Coug and Buck should be reachable through his web site.
Actually I probably have CityK and Groltz's direct email addresses as well.

Handruin

Administrator
I'd wondered about Buck also. I just hope things are well with him...I'd rather him be ok and choose not to be active here than something be wrong.

I don't know what's up with Groltz. I tried PMin'g him months ago and he never wrote back. Then his avatar says "banned" which isn't true...it's just passive aggressive drama. I like the guy, but i can't take the drama.

LOST6200

Storage is cool
So, grotlz is not bannde? He was the one that recrited my to the SF after I struggled along in the post MFBF at SR.

Handruin

Administrator
No way...there is no reason why I would ban him. He has never done anything remotely close to cause that to happen. I don't understand why he put that up there, but if that's his prerogative, then so be it.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I never thought his banned avatar had anything to do with anything that went on here. I just thought it was funny. What did Coug get all pissed about (I mean more pissed than usual :) ) ?

LOST6200

Storage is cool
If my tihnking is correct, these memebers with over 1000 posts active in trhe past year, but not the past 30 days.

Code:
Groltz	    11/11/06
CityK	     4/25/07
sechs	     7/29/07
CougTek	     8/04/07
Buck	     8/10/07
LunarMist    8/20/07

Handruin

Administrator
There was a Dubai headhunter (as time referred to) thread where it looked legit but Coug felt it was spam and then it got all out of control with racial and derogatory remarks and people fighting over it...I haven't seen him since then, so I assume he left because of that.

The thread is still around, but I believe I locked it because it wasn't going anywhere productive. I'll let you search for it as I don't want to promote it.

Mercutio

I emailed Coug and CityK.

Groltz has told me in the past that he doesn't think very many people notice his contributions, and he has a history of coming and going anyway. I'm not sure I have a current E-mail address for him either.

Buck never answers E-mail I send...

paugie

Storage is cool
yeah, this is something to be concerned about.

the people in church, though, never tell me to visit the people who stop attending. I would, too, if wasn't too shy.

Dropping a line on all of them would be the right thing to do. And I also hope nothing untoward hasn't happened to anyone.

Mercutio

Coug says he's been very busy with work and not inclined to spend leisure time at his PC at the moment.

So that's one...

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I almost lost my member once in an industrial accident. :)

Mercutio

I exchanged a couple Emails with Buck today. He is doing well generally but like Tannin seems to have lost his enchantment with computer-related topics.

I thought that you all would like to know that.

Handruin

Administrator
I'm glad to hear he is doing well. I was wondering if something was wrong with him.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm glad to know he is well too.

I come here to be with friends, not necessarily for computer related stuff (there is Google for that).

LunarMist

I figure some are dead and others moved on to other places.

LunarMist

Wow. Do you think it was due to alcohol or maybe a car accident?

LunarMist

Why would it be more than 5 years ago for example? This does not bode well.

Handruin

Administrator
Wow. Do you think it was due to alcohol or maybe a car accident?

You could send a PM (Conversation) and it will likely notify him by email if you'd like to know more. Based on other means outside of SF I believe he's still alive and well but I have no specific details otherwise. Hopefully in time he'll come back socialize if he's up for it.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
He does have a family and he's at an age when family responsibilities can take up most of your time. Ditto for when you're my age and taking care of an aging parent(s) like I am.

LunarMist

Sure and it's first divorce age for many people as well.