GMAIL Invite

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I have 6 more invites to give out. If interested, post here. FCFS.

C

ddrueding

Fixture
A good friend of mine is in need of one, it will be his first e-mail account ever. If you have one to spare, please send it to my handle at tweakt.com.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Let me know if you still need them and I'll send them out Wednesday AM. I only have 3 left.

C

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Amazingly, I got mercutio1@

So that's not too horrible.
Plus I have a nice 1GB mounted filesystem for my linux machines.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
ddrueding or anyone else-

PM me if you still want an invite. I don't want to waste them if you're all set already.

C

Jimshady

What is this storage?
I still have 6. I can't even pay people to take them off my hands. msg if you want em

Handruin

Administrator
Man...I only got those couple of invites that I gave away, and have not seen any more. You guys have tons of them.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
mubs said:
Handy, guess they don't love you and me. I ain't got none. But I ain't using me account either.
I haven't used mine to send any email yet. All I did this morning was add some contacts to the address book and a couple of hours later the invites were there. I guess that qualified as 'activity'.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Has anyone else noticed that gmail is kinda slow at peak times? I think they need some more servers.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
ddrueding said:
Thanks Clocker, you rule.

MeRandyandChristianfromIllNino.jpg

SteveC

Storage is cool
timwhit said:
Has anyone else noticed that gmail is kinda slow at peak times? I think they need some more servers.

Yep, I was getting a bunch of timeouts earlier today.

Handruin

Administrator
Invites are probably googles way of controlling (or preventing) a mass DoS if they were to go public with no user base established.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
LOL. I looked long and hard for that picture.

I just wanted a guy who *rocked* and had the goat horns hand symbol up. :) I have no idea who they are....

Jimshady

What is this storage?
timwhit said:

The general consensus is that gmail can be unreliable, with occasional downtime. But it's only beta, so thats acceptable. As for slow, I don't know about that. It's one of the most responsive web-based email interfaces I've used. Then again, high-load in australia doesn't happen at the same time as high-load in America.

And that picture MIGHT be two of the guys from korn.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
I have a few invites too if anyone needs, as soon as I added some contacts I got em.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Fushigi said:
So, for the person who has their own domain & unlimited email accounts within that domain, is there any compelling reason to get a GMail account?

What the heck, if anyone has any left over invites, send one to gmail at bakabaka dot com. May as well see if either of my main nicks are still available.

I have my own domain etc, but it's nice to have 1GB of email storage, which is more than my hosting provider gives me for all my domains put together. Plus now I can give one to my mum, who is absolutely hopeless at deleting read mail. No money for hotmail this year around.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I read somewhere that gmail invites where being used for phishing (hope I got that right) so I might not just give them to a site that collects them...

C

ddrueding

Fixture
Clocker said:
I read somewhere that gmail invites where being used for phishing (hope I got that right) so I might not just give them to a site that collects them...

C

I'll agree with that; I think it spoils part of the point in only offering invites.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
I'm beginning to wonder. I gave away an invite, it got accepted, and now a couple of days later I'm back to 6. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, just realizing the whole 'invite' thing is fast becoming a scam to drum up more users.

I suppose that might even be necessary, too, since most folks, even ITers, that I talk to haven't even heard of Gmail.

Handruin

Administrator
I'm telling ya, it's got to be a staged setup so that they don't get as hammered when they open the doors to everyone.

I still haven't received any more invites...odd.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
I finally used my first megabyte of space. At this rate, I'll have to actually delete some mail in about 250 years.

And I still have 4 invites if anyone needs one.

Handruin

Administrator
Google has not sent me any more invites over the ones I gave away here. Is there any chance I could have one of those invites. I know I already have a gmail account, but I'd like a second one if you have an invite to spare.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
You need the GmailFS plugin. Turn your Gmail account into remote file storage....