GMAIL Invite

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
If anybody wants one, I have one to spare. Reply here.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Er... I didn't know that the Belgian hunks at hotmale.com had an email service.

Although I've run into a couple of people in the past who, like e_dawg, claim that they do. :D

SteveC

Storage is cool
e_dawg said:
If anyone else has one to spare, please send it to

>e_dawg8

>at
>hot
>male
>dot
>com

Sent. They seem to be giving out a lot more invites - I just got three more.

Mercutio

It's as I said, MORE THAN ONCE, I've had to help a woman who was swearing up and down that her e-mail service wasn't letting her log in.

That these people have this problem despite seeing the opening page graphic (last I saw it was a dude with a sheet strategically held over his midsection by a handy self-inflating L-bracket), speaks to the level of intellect I'm dealing with sometimes.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
GMail is Google Mail; CMail is Comcast Mail; YMail is YahooMail; AMail is AOL Mail; IMail Is IBM Mail;... The current corporate better idea.

The point is to de-standardize the Email system for Anti-Spam purposes; better corporate identity; and not the least -- improved profit potential with their new proprietary file formats.

:lol:

Mickey

Learning Storage Performance
Just sent. First there was one invite, then it became 4. Then it became 6! I swear, they're breeding.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
So, for the person who has their own domain & unlimited email accounts within that domain, is there any compelling reason to get a GMail account?

What the heck, if anyone has any left over invites, send one to gmail at bakabaka dot com. May as well see if either of my main nicks are still available.

miksmi

What is this storage?
I mostly use free email accounts for emergencies (e.g., if I my SMTP server loses power for an extended period, like during a bad thunderstorm). I have accounts w/hotmail, yahoo, fastmail in case a provider gets a DoS attack (happens to hotmail every so often, though not recently). I mostly use them for emergencies as there's no sense in configuring spam filters for multiple accounts.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Fushigi said:
Why anyone would use fushigi is a mystery to me.

Just doing a quick search on Google, shows all of this Fushigi Yuugi stuff. I don't know what it is, but it sure seems popluar. That could be why the name is already taken.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Buck said:
Fushigi said:
Why anyone would use fushigi is a mystery to me.

Just doing a quick search on Google, shows all of this Fushigi Yuugi stuff. I don't know what it is, but it sure seems popluar. That could be why the name is already taken.
Fushigi = Mysterious in Japanese. :lol:

Fushigi Yuugi (Mysterious Play) was my first exposure to the word, although from an anime standpoint, Fushigi no Umi no Nadia (Secret of the Blue Water - Nadia) predates Fushigi Yuugi by several years.

Mercutio

There's a sourceforge project called gmailfs now to make your gmail account a mountable filesystem on Linux.

Hopefully someone will do something similar for my Yahoo account as well.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Tea said:
What's GMAIL?
I've been wondering the same thing. Seems like Gmail invites are being given away like crazy on every forum I frequent. BTW, thanks for the answer to that question, CityK.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
jtr1962 said:
Tea said:
What's GMAIL?
BTW, thanks for the answer to that question, CityK.
Not a problem .... I should ad that (just in case anyone actually took what I said seriously) I was only having fun with Her Majestey The Tea, and hence, only what is contained on the linked Google page has any relevance to what GMAIL is .... although I like my theories too.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
what I should have added was a second d is what I should have added