Fastest , most useless RMA ever, for me, OCZ

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
The drive is in my server, which has 2 gigs of ram, and, to add 2 more was 150 bucks, last time I checked. Not sure how well Windows 7 32 bit would address 4 gigs of ram anyway.
I used IE as a benchmark, pretty much that's it.
RAM usage on the server is pretty consistent, minimum 30%, and, with video playing about 70-80%.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Why are you fucking around with Readyboost on a machine that already has 12GB RAM?

Also: Why are you using Internet Explorer?

Well you know he does often try to defy common performance logic. :colors:

Stonedforce controllers have low write STR on noncomprehensible data.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Stonedforce controllers have low write STR on noncomprehensible data.

You're rather proud of that, aren't you? :)

I don't know what CPU Greg's using, and 2GB isn't much RAM, but the times seem significantly slower than the Corsair Sandforce drive I had here.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Why are you fucking around with Readyboost on a machine that already has 12GB RAM?
My question is why is he fucking around with Windows 7 32 bit in this day and age? Cell phones are about to be 64bit nowadays.

Also, why are you watching movies on the server? From the server makes sense, but on the server somehow doesn't. Watch your movies on your main desktop (the one with 12Gagabytes of RAM), not on the poor relic running a 32bit OS.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
64 bit cell phones;-0?

Out of kindness to my upstairs neighbor, who gets up and goes to work at 4 am every morning, I often use the server with headphones to watch stuff. It doesn't work with PowerDVD 8, but, with Media Player classic it works great to play TV shows, etc. Movies are generally much better on the Beast, with the Klipsch surround sound, but, late at night, it may not be the answer.

The HIS 4670 rates 6.7 on Windows Graphics and Gaming graphics, and, that translates into adequate for anything but games something the Beast does best.

The server is the gateway to the home office, providing first line anti-virus, and download point of entry. Once checked, they are transfered, and scanned on the Beast. Also, I use it to try questionable software, since it's not that big a deal to reload the os and limited programs on it.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
New benchmark for SSD. Small foot print, no junk added:
ASSSDtwinturbos9550sxu.jpg
turbo30472011replacementcopy.jpg