F@H UPDATE: WE ARE NOW IN THE TOP 50!

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I guess the title says it all.

Great work guys! Keep crunching! The further we get a long the harder we will have to work to make progress. Recruit recruit recruit!

C

simonstre

What is this storage?
I'll add two computers in September. My friends are coming back for school and we have an high speed connection :mrgrn:

In facts, I'd like to add one or two computers before the end of the summer, but I don't think the IT manager here will appreciate it. Not that I care, it's a summer work... if I can manage to disguise the F@H as a service, we have 2 more dual PIII-700 Mhz running 24/7.

Mars

What is this storage?
I'll see if I can't give us a little push over the weekend. I'm not sure about long term but for the weekend, I added
A Dual P3 600, a P3 800, and a P3 550 - possibly might be able to add a P4 1.8 as well

Mars

What is this storage?
Clocker - Need a hand - the Dual P3 600 will not go over 50 percent cpu usage..... Does f@h not utilize both cpus by default?

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Correct. Install the console client into two different folders (so you are running two instances of the client).

Configure both installations individually (i.e. don't just copy an existing installation to another folder).

When you launch the Console client (for each installation individually) and it asks you for your information, you can put the same Name and Team Number (10047) in. BUT, you need to go into the 'advanced options' (whatever it is called). It will ask you some questions. One of them will be for a machine ID number. The two installaions (that are on the same machine) should have different ID numbers (i.e. 1 & 2). While you are in the advanced set-up, you might want to set it up only to do FAH works units too as the Genome units are still in the testing phase.

You don't have to worry about machine IDs on uniprocessor machines.

Let me know if you need any more info...

C

Mars

What is this storage?
OK that makes sense - I was using the graphical client and didnt have those options available. I'll have to see if I can get that going later this afternoon.

Nice to see you around again C, I trust everything is going well? :)

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I've been around for a while now. Misseed me? :p

You can run a GUI client and a console client together if you like the pretty pictures. I think the Electron Microscope with two console clients is cooler though...

C