Cold

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Sheesh, you guys are going through some freaky weather. Shades of The Day After Tomorrow!
I hope there wasn't snow in New Delhi. That wouldn't be a very good sign.

Temps are plummeting like a rock. It was in the mid 50s earlier today. Now it's down to 23°F and still falling fast.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
It's supposed to get to 9 F tomorrow. It will feel like spring. The 1/4 mile walk to the train wasn't really that bad.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I hope there wasn't snow in New Delhi. That wouldn't be a very good sign.
Not in New Delihi, but northern India is quite cold too. The Himalayan foothills have had a ton of snow and temps have gone negative Celsius. This happens every winter to some extent, but I believe it's been extra cold this year. Totally bizaorro.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
6.5°F and steady. Perfect day for the beach!

I actually wished it would have dropped a few more degrees just to get below zero. When it's already way too cold to do much outside, a few degrees colder makes no difference.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
715am. 6F. Feels like -7. If I've seen this kind of cold before it was that 1 work trip to MN in January.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Just remember that as cold as it is for those of us in the upper Midwestern US, this crap is what Coug calls "a brisk autumn day."

Mercutio

I couldn't get gas just now because both the gas stations where I stopped had pumps that were too cold to operate.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
-15F on the thermometer this morning. Coldest here in about 20 years.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Just remember that as cold as it is for those of us in the upper Midwestern US, this crap is what Coug calls "a brisk autumn day."
We've had -21°C twice during the Fall that just ended (that's ~-6°F to you). And yes, I start to find that cold. It's currently -16°C outside, but very windy.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
For the longest time, Thomas Distributing's website has been a bare page with a single line at the top saying "Thomas Distributing is temporarily closed for the holidays. The offices and website are scheduled to reopen on Monday, January 6, 2014. Please check back with us then."

Is is so even now. They must be snowed in or something. If I remember correctly, they are somewhere in the Mid-West.

(They're the best place to buy genuine Eneloops and high-quality charger/analyzers. People have got fake Enekoops even from the Almighty God Amazon)

Mercutio

... Or they could be like my company, where updating the web site is about as high a priority as ensuring the office supplies are alphabetized and color coordinated.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
^^^^ Not completely accurate. It's actually warm here in AZ compared to the rest of the country.

Mercutio

Another how cold is it:

It's so cold that the palmrest on my T420 cracked from being left out in the car for a few days.

Mercutio

Completely fine. There's just a hairline fracture running along the palmrest where I normally set my left wrist. I'd take a picture but there's nothing to see. I can definitely feel it as I use the machine though.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
You know it's cold outside when you sit in your car and the foam in the seats don't move.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
11C here today, but that is halfway around the world from the Southland. The 50 knot winds and rain are killing me. When its not raining the wind sandblasting from the beach is terrible. 22 hours of golfers air remain, with lays that is 37 straight hours in transito.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Actually, today it gushed rain, lots of wind and in the high 30's. For me, that is much less comfortable to be out and about than when it was in the teen's with no wind and very low humidity. Wet and cold is a lot worse than just cold.

On the other hand high 30's isn't going to crack the plastic in a notebook, nor freeze a radiator, nor make roads dangerous from ice, ...

I've never experienced extreme cold like Coug. so consider the source.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
The southland of what the hell? Is golfer's air good or bad?
The Los Angeles area is popularly called the Southland by the locals there.

North America is frozen, Australia is roasting, Europe is unseasonably warm. Totally bizarre.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I've been in Atlanta since Wednesday and everyone here thinks it's the end of the world because it got down to 7 F. It's been around 40 today, which feels warm to me.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Actually, since the heat last week, Brisbane (and surrounds) has had severe storms, some hail, and today is a cool 27-29C with very high humidity... (It's been raining on and off for the last few days).

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I've been in Atlanta since Wednesday and everyone here thinks it's the end of the world because it got down to 7 F. It's been around 40 today, which feels warm to me.

Not sure if this is common outside the South but much below 30F and we have to trickle the water to keep the pipes intact. It has been years since I've had to do that. This year 3 days.

Though yes, cold and dry is much easier than cold and wet.

LunarMist

The southland of what the hell? Is golfer's air good or bad?

22 hours of air travel remain... I don't know why the Androids added golf.
From the last frame to home is three days. :-( Try using 400 on a 2 series in 40 kt winds with rain and sand.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
22 hours of air travel remain... I don't know why the Androids added golf.
From the last frame to home is three days. :-( Try using 400 on a 2 series in 40 kt winds with rain and sand.

I'm too old for this new fan dangled slang. Could someone translate this.

Stereodude

Not really a
Something about his CIA/NSA spying with his 1 series camera with 400mm lens in a 40kt wind in the rain and sand being 3 travel days away from "home”.

LunarMist

Urghke, wrong threads. 400 mm lens on a 2 series tripod is shaky in the gale force winds. :)