Clocker, downclock your OCed FAH system.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Clocker has an overclocked system that continuesly ships invalid units. Around 390 failed units per 3 hours periods. It is screwing our stats an preventing him from getting valuable points from that system.

Lower the clock of that CPU please.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
thanks for the heads up I will check it out....

I think it's because I just downloaded and installed the latest and greatest ATi drivers a couple days ago. Oh well, maybe I'll stop GPU folding. Just shut down the GPU folder so we'll see how it goes.

How do I check for the bad WUs?

Thanks,
C

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
The Catalyst 6.12 Doesn't work with the GPU client. You need to downgrade to 6.11 ...

To check for bad WU's, look at the FAHLOG.txt file.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm wondering how Coug could see the bad WUs though...?

C

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
look at the number of WU's that are being returned in Clocker's stat's. There's really only one reason that you coulld be returning 3000 WU's yesterday for 700 points and that would be lots and lots of EUE's.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
This time it seems to be P5-133XL, unless the 30 points units have returned. There's no way to get 11 WUs from 430 points (last update before this post) other than having instability issues.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
No, I have a video card that seems to like sending EUE's. I moved the machine so I could vacume and it seems to have been an unhealthy move. I've been slowly decreasing the OC'ing. It doesn't EUE immediately so it take a while to see if the modification has been enough ...

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
After lots of Diagnosis, I've determined that the PCE-e socket was damaged by the vibrations of the video card, even though it was bolted down, when it was moved. What a pain.

I've moved the GPU to another machine and it is now happily whiring along...