Best DYNDNS provider?

ddrueding

Fixture
Preferably free, but if I have to pay I'd rather use one with the best value (number of names, update rate, etc).

I've had a free dyndns.org account before, but it it seems they really don't want me to use that anymore.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I use dyndns as registrar and regular dns hosting, not for dynamic aspect.

The won't let you login or you are finding their service is sub-par?

Handruin

Administrator
For whatever it's worth if you do decide to try this route, I'm happy to help with the configuration based on what I've figured out. It sounds like you already decided to go with dyndns as a service but if you change your mind, the namecheap service is free for domains they manage.

ddrueding

Fixture
Thanks for the offer, but I'm pretty happy with the domain registrar I have now. It seems dyndns is good enough compared to the competition that I shouldn't bother changing all the names/clients I already have set up with them.

Thanks all for your advice!

Handruin

Administrator
No problem. It's a pain to change registrars so I hear ya. I had no issues with dyndns, just this was a free alternative for me given namecheap hosts my domains and figured I'd suggest it.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I paid for dyn one-time when they were small so I don't have a regular payment. Certainly qualifies as bias.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I use no-ip. It's free and is supported by the C7100V EMTA/cable/router I'm beta testing on Comcast for Netgear. It is also supported by Asus routers.