BB SPOT OS Quiz - Which OS are you?

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
I was told about this little quiz located here.

Although the questions and available answers are not the best at truly determining your personalitiy, it is still fun. The quiz told me that I was Slackware Linux - You are the brightest among your peers, but are often mistaken as insane. Your elegant solutions to problems often take a little longer, but require much less effort to complete. :D

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Another Slackware Linux. :-? This is starting to get freaky.

My favorite question was which villian would you be. Naturally, I choose Darth Vadar. He's the person I would least like to meet in a dark alley. I could picture myself now:"President Bush, you have failed me for the last time!"

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Maybe is was the armpits classified as toxic waste by the EPA and Ming the Merciless options that you picked. No, no, wait . . . I think it was the Commodore 64 BASIC answer.

OT: Polizei

What is this storage?
Klasse Herr 133XL.

Für mich sagt es: Windows XP - Under your bright and cheerful exterior is a strong and stable personality. You have a tendancy to do more than what is asked or even desired. Aber das information ist falsch.

Handruin

Administrator
I am amiga OS 3.5:

"Ahead of your time. You keep a lot of balls in the air. If only your parents had given you more opportunities to succeed."

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
HP-UX.....I can't believe I just wasted my time doing that.

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
lol, it was inevitable that I'd be a M$ O/S!

You are Windows XP
Under your bright and cheerful
exterior is a strong and stable
personality. You have a tendency
to do more than what is asked or
even desired.

JKKJ

Learning Storage Performance
Redhat Linux

I picked Darth Vader because he ends up as a nice guy (OK, even if dead in standard space)
I like the Grinch for the same reason.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Damn,

took it again and filling in the one Q I missed and now I'm PalmOS :oops:

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
It's a joke. You missed a question.

HURD is the GNU OS. "But isn't Linux the GNU OS?", you ask? Umm... no. Linus wrote the Linux kernel and used all of GNU's support tools with it.

The reason it's a joke is, developers (er, a couple of them, anyway) have been working on it steadily for *20 YEARS*. For a kernel, a filesystem and some other primitives. They're on version .2 (yes, that's a dot before the 2).

The *BSD derivates started about the same time, and Linus started 7 years AFTER Hurd. Both are now fully functional and have been for probably five or six years. Hurd's Filesystem only recently gained the ability to mount more than a 1GB filesystem. I think.

When Linux people need an OS to make fun of, they pick on the couple of Hurd true-believers (there's a couple on slashdot. I know 'cause I've gotten in at least two flamewars about Hurd).

Mercutio

OK. I did it again. OS X again, even though I changed my mind on a couple of questions.

James, you will live to regret that remark. :D

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Dunno about now, but the thing that got me hooked on PC's was a friend who had an Amiga 500 + expansion and Railroad Tycoon - then an Amiga 2000.

Was RT the first "Tycoon" game?

Yaeh, I thought AmigaOS was pretty cool

Mercutio

CougTek said:
I'm Amiga Os just like Doug. Is it a good OS? Never tried.

There wasn't anything particularly exciting about AmigaOS, but the Amiga itself was so far ahead of its time it was scary. Considering that we're talking about, at most, the same 68040 processors found in late-model non-PowerMacs (basically in the 20 to 33MHz range), those machines had full-duplex 16bit sound, excellent 2D graphics, and a whole bunch of tiny but highly functional programs. Despite being essentially abandoned in the very early part of the 90s, those machines could put pentium-class machines to shame in just about every way imaginable.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
LiamC said:
Damn,

took it again and filling in the one Q I missed and now I'm PalmOS :oops:

I was HURD missed a question too and then became PalmOS when I marked it.

On the question I accidently skipped:
I wonder if I'll see anybody famous - made me Palm
Free champagne! - made me Palm
I hope this doesn't cost me more money. - made me WinXP

I did have difficulty with the "villian" question as the only one I was familiar with was Darth Vader. I was pretty sure the third option was not for Kubla Kahn.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I took it to be his daddy - Gengiz Kahn. If I'm going to be a villan, I might as well be a bloody big one.

Also, given the long history the Chinese/Mongolian people have of getting on very badly with the Russians, I thought that would describe my relations with Tsar Tannin pretty well. :)

But, alas, it's probably supposed to be some idiottic character from Star Trek.

Dozer

Learning Storage Performance
Website
planetdozer.dyndns.org
Don't worry, Tea. I thought it was Genghis, too. And picked that answer for much the same reason...

But, given some of the other options, it probably was meant to be Khan from Star Trek. I'll have to go back and re-answer--I don't think Khan was that horrible a villain, not compared to some others.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
amiga.jpg

Amiga

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
LiamC said:
Dunno about now, but the thing that got me hooked on PC's was a friend who had an Amiga 500 + expansion and Railroad Tycoon - then an Amiga 2000.

Was RT the first "Tycoon" game?

Yaeh, I thought AmigaOS was pretty cool

I'm not sure about the first, but it was a cool game.