AP Isolation Not Working with WAP Added to Network

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Hello-
I like having 'AP Isolation' enabled on my router because, when a bunch of kids are over, it prevents them from playing Minecraft cooperatively and they end up doing less 'couch potato-like' play.

I wanted to expand my network for better coverage in the house so I bought the identical outer, set it up as an access point, and gave it the same SSID as the original router but on a different channel. Now, even when AP Isolation is enabled on both the router and the AP, it doesn't work. Minecraft clients easily find eachother on the network and can interact.

Is there some limitation with AP Isolation that I'm running into? Do I have to have two separate SSIDs for it to work? Seems like it but I was wondering if there is any work-around while maintaining the same SSID between router and access point. Also curious as to what is actually happening to make it not work.

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Just to follow up, I ended up creating a single guest network on the WAP which had AP Isolation enabled. It also cannot access the local network, either. The kids will be allow to connect to that.