AIO Liquid Coolers

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
What are your opinions on the current crop of AIO Liquid cooling solutions out there? I'm looking for input from those with personal experience using them. I'm sure the performance with these things are good but how about noise levels?

I'm currently considering putting and H100i in my Fractal Design R4 just because I'm interested in trying something new. But trying to avoid potential buyers remorse!

Thanks!

ddrueding

Fixture
I have a half dozen or so H100i coolers. One of them had the pump fail after over a year (possibly 2?). Just installed an H110 to replace it.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
What's your impression regarding pump noise?

I've read someone claim that the pumps are noisy when the fans are plugged into the pump for power instead of being plugged into an external power source (away from the pump).

Thanks!

ddrueding

Fixture
In none of the units could I hear the pump over the basic fan noise. But I also locate my PCs a considerable distance from my desk, preferably in another room or closet.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
My impressions from all the AIO/HSF reviews I've read are...

If low noise is the most important factor a large "conventional" HSF with large slower moving fans is your best bet (assuming your case has good airflow). If you are/will be overclocking your CPU an AIO cooler can be quieter than the fans needed on a regular cooler to keep your CPU from melting.

AIO cooler vendors recommend that the fans on the radiator be intake fans and draw air from the outside of your case for best CPU cooling so you need to insure your case has adequate exhaust fans to get rid of the heat from the AIO radiator.

The R4 is an excellent case (I have one) that is low noise. An AIO cooler might defeat the purpose of the case...........OR the R4 will keep the noise level down on a overclocked system using an AIO cooler.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks guys. I decided just to get a Hyper 212 EVO since I really won't be attempting to do any significant overclocking. I expect it'll be more reliable & quieter.

Handruin

Administrator
Thanks guys. I decided just to get a Hyper 212 EVO since I really won't be attempting to do any significant overclocking. I expect it'll be more reliable & quieter.

The Hyper 212 EVO is the unit of choice that I recommend for most people over the stock HSF when helping people build systems. I just deployed another one in a friend's gaming machine this past weekend and it works well.