A Fun Little Flash Game

Dozer

Learning Storage Performance
Website
planetdozer.dyndns.org
Darn it, Clocker!

Now I can't get anything accomplished because I'm hell bent on making par at this silly little game! (Hole 8 is especially tough for me) :D

If my customers ask me why their quotes aren't finished, I'm blaming you!

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Top this! 8)

yay.gif

honold

Storage is cool
a coworker has a perfect on this one. it's actually possible to hole-in-one all of them.

honold

Storage is cool
ah this is a different one...

(i was skittish about opening the .exe)

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
i just started playing today (because i was also skiddish about the .exe)

I used to play the life savers/candystand golf game when i had too much time on my hands as a teacher's assitant in highschool.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
blakerwry said:
honold said:
(not being a dick, just a future reference kind of thing)

Don't worry, you're an anal guy just like me... but you have better English skills.

While I'm sure storageforum.net appreciates this fine effort to increase our page rank on various search engines through the use of terms not normally associated with computers, I think we need to ask ourselves if we really the extra traffic quite so badly. ;)

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
i of course meant the term in a non-anatomical way. As in the 3rd definition from ditionary.msn.com

msn said:
3. obsessively self-controlled: in Freudian theory, relating to adult personality traits, for example, obsessive neatness, stubbornness, and frugality, that are considered to have originated during or be characteristic of the anal stage of development

Dozer

Website
planetdozer.dyndns.org
Blake,

I think Merc was referring to the quantity of un-intentioned but possible targets for search engines (e.g. "dick" and "anal"), all in the same post. It is really sort of funny if you look at it through Merc's eyes.

Merc-If I'm wrong in my interpretation, let me know.

-Doz

Dozer

Website
planetdozer.dyndns.org
SteveC said:
How did you get a hole-in-one on number 8?

Aim for the right side and bank the ball off. You have to hit the angle just right, and it will bounce through the little channel and into the area where the hole is. It doesn't always work, but if you hit it just right, you're almost always guaranteed a birdie. When I get home, I'll post a picture of what I'm talking about.

Jan Kivar

The game honold posted is better IMO. The other game needs too much "trick" shots...

Jan

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Mercutio said:
Dozer said:
Merc-If I'm wrong in my interpretation, let me know.

-Doz

So my eyes are different from everyone else's?

I think he was complementing your pattern recognition skills. Not every body is as good at recognizing certain patterns as you. It's a gift really.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
For the life of me I have no idea whether or not you're kidding.

Fortunately, there are 24,300 other sites that also match the search terms +anal +golf +dick. We appear to have lots of competition.

There were 60 hits for "anal golf" as a phrase, by the way.

I shudder to think what unholy congruence in the firmament led to the more-than-random use of that phrase on the internet.

SteveC

Storage is cool
Dozer said:
SteveC said:
How did you get a hole-in-one on number 8?

Aim for the right side and bank the ball off. You have to hit the angle just right, and it will bounce through the little channel and into the area where the hole is. It doesn't always work, but if you hit it just right, you're almost always guaranteed a birdie. When I get home, I'll post a picture of what I'm talking about.

Thanks! I can get a birdie now, but still no hole-in-one (I've only tried a couple of times though).

Jan Kivar said:
The game honold posted is better IMO. The other game needs too much "trick" shots...

That one has just as many trick shots, as honold's co-worker proved by getting a perfect score.

double bit CRC error

What is this storage?
It has already been explained. You have to aim from the tee to the entrance of the area surrounding the hole. If you practice (or get lucky) you can hit the ball in there and it will bouce around towards the hole.

I think it's even possible to get a "hole in 1" on that hole(I've gotten close).