Beverages

CougTek

Serial computer killer
More than 7 is supposedly toxic and could damage the nervous system. I'm not talking about teenagers here, I'm talking about adults.

fb

Storage is cool
My normal daily coffee schedule (when at work) looks something like this:

1 in the morning
1 at 8-8:30
1 at 9
1 at 9:30
1 at 10
1 at 11
1 at 13
1 at 14
1 at 14:30
1 at 15
1 at 15:30
Maybe 1 at 16:30, it depends...

CougTek

Serial computer killer

1 in the morning
1 at 9
1 at 10
1 at 11
1 at 13
1 at 14
1 at 15
Wow. You must have the nervous system of a squirrel.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
fb, you're addicted man, seriously! If you don't address this now, your intake will keep on increasing till you will get medical advice to cut it out.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture

1 in the morning
1 at 9
1 at 10
1 at 11
1 at 13
1 at 14
1 at 15

Wow. Your cardiologist doesn't object?

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Nonono, I don't drink alcohol at all and probably never will. I must have miscommunicated.
Ahhh, but then what was...
See, I'm substituting carbonated beverages for alcohol here. I'm going to keep doing this. Also going to try mixing them. This should be fun.
Then you've probably been misquoted or taken out of context. You could have a bright future in politics.

Last edited:

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net

1 in the morning
1 at 9
1 at 10
1 at 11
1 at 13
1 at 14
1 at 15

Do you actually finish each cup? I know once coffee goes lukewarm, I'll just dump it and poor another.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
There are people I know that drink coffee this many times. But the cups are like 30-40 ml cups; like a small peg. So the total quantity in a day ain't much.

fb

Storage is cool
We drink a lot of coffee in Sweden. And I don't have a cardiologist. I don't finish every cup (mug) either, and sometimes I take cup of hot chocolate instead, just to be kind to the stomach.

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Last evening, a friend brought in a six-pack of Not Your Father's Root Beer from Small Town Brewery. This happens to be the 5.9% ABV version, not the 10% one. For those that like Root Beer, you'll like this. For me, it is certainly sweet, and would be left for desert. I think it would pair well with ice cream for a tasty float with a kick.

Buck tried it, and he has some reservations about trying any more. He would much rather have an Old Rasputin Imperial Stout from North Coast Brewing.

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Next month I'll be hosting a private Gin tasting party. I hope to include at least the following:
The Botanist Islay Dry Gin
Monkey 47 Schwarzwald Dry Gin
Sacred Gin - Classic London Dry Gin
For those at the event that are less inclined to taste the resinous quality of Gin, I'll be mixing either Tom Collins (I usually add a dash of orange juice to my Tom Collins recipe) or White Lady (I think a White Lady tastes better with a squeeze of lime instead of lemon).

An assortment of garnishes will be included. For example, cucumber or sage flavors mix well with gin (I normally don't care for sage, but with gin it pairs so well). Sage does a remarkable of job of cutting down the resinous taste of juniper so predominately found in lower quality gins.

Some of the guests and the host will also supply samples to taste test. It should be a nice time, seeing how people react to the taste of these gin varieties. The good thing is that the mix of people mostly include those that like gin.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
The other day I visited a different bar for lunch (yes bartender, this is not the only bar I visit). It's actually a restaurant with a great bar setup, including 5 televisions. A few of us were watching horse racing. Two guys began to bet ($2 a race) and the one guy had no cash, which is ironic. He's a known gambler and almost always has cash for this purpose. But, he knows that at this particular establishment, there really is no provision for gambling. Nonetheless, it came to placing bets and I was able to loan money at 20 points. :) That paid for a few drinks.

Alas, I don't know if this story should be in this thread or under Something Random.

ddrueding

Fixture
Good enough. I remodeled a bar recently, 3x 65" and 1x 42" TVs, each with their own DirecTV Ultimate package. Unfortunately, due to the arrangement of the space, it is impossible to to watch any of them while sitting at the bar without turning around. The seating area however has great coverage.

Stereodude

Not really a
I had some absolutely delicious Belgian Trappist beers while I was in Belgium. Westmalle Dubbel was my favorite. Westmalle Tripel was my second. Orval was very good also.

They Westmalle beers can be bought in MI, but are quite expensive. The store I found it at wants $7.99 per 330ml bottle with a 15% discount if you build your own 6 pack. Hopefully I can find another that charges less.

Stereodude

Not really a
I'm having a German evening. I'm listening to Rammstein while drinking my favorite beer of late : the Köstritzer Schwarzbier (warning : they use flash extensively). I used to prefer the Guiness, but I changed my taste when I tasted this one.
I had a Köstritzer Schwarzbier while in Germany on business a few weeks ago. I did not care for it.

And yes, I realize I'm replying to you almost 6.5 years after the fact. I decided to re-read the 15 years of thread.

LunarMist

Not officially. I though this was a subtle way he was implying that work was in some foreign land.

ddrueding

Fixture
Central Valley in CA, and that was on the thermostat in the shade of the job trailer. Gave up on work today as it was going to be hotter. Try again Monday.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
I had a Köstritzer Schwarzbier while in Germany on business a few weeks ago. I did not care for it.
I can no longer find the Köstritzer here. I've almost exclusively switched to local microbreweries, with the exception of a few Belgian Trappist beers. There are hundreds of local varieties and quite a few are excellent.

LunarMist

And yes, I realize I'm replying to you almost 6.5 years after the fact. I decided to re-read the 15 years of thread.

I had the Schwartzbier and it gave me the diarrhea twice. I was stationed in die Pfalz and I don't know where the beer was brewed.

Lena

What is this storage?
I had the Schwartzbier and it gave me the diarrhea twice. I was stationed in die Pfalz and I don't know where the beer was brewed.

What were you doing drinking beer in the Pfalz...everybody (well not eerybody) knows that you can only get good stuff in Bavaria. My dad worked as a data analyst for the Bavarian federal government for 5 years so i know exactly what i am talking about.

LunarMist

I was stationed there in GW1. I'm not much of a drinker but preferred the French wines over beers.