Zelda: Ocarina of Time

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
Recently I've been playing some n64 games via an emulator. I've spent most of my time playing an old favorite, Zelda. I've found that things run well on both Nvidia and ATi cards (dispite the fact that you used to have to use a voodoo2 and use glide if you wanted decent emulation for n64)

Here are some pics using a geforce3 Ti200(direct3D) and the project64 (pj64) emulator.

Jan Kivar

Learning Storage Performance
It seems that the older games are "better" than the newer ones. Last month I played "Super Metroid" (SNES game that is) just for fun. It took five or six days to complete (not 100% though). I also played "A Link to the Past", but I just ran out of time on that one.

Seems that the N64 emulators are getting better. I tried them once when I had Voodoo3, but almost all the textures had some flaws, so I didn't enjoy playing "Ocarina of Time" then. Seems that now would be a great time to play again... Maybe I'll get the "The Wind Waker" on GameCube that has the "Ocarina of Time" as a bonus.

Cheers,

Jan

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
When n64 emulation 1st came into play I had a voodoo2 and used the UltraHLE emulator... even though the UltraHLE emulator was made for the voodoo2 it still took a bit of fooling with to get things 100%, but I do remember them being good. When I dumped the voodoo2 and got myself a TNT I found that I could no longer play the game because the glide wrappers were simply too slow (and added bugs) when paired with an athlon750 and a TNT1/2M64. (I think I even did n64 emulation fine with my PII 400 and voodoo2)

I'm glad to say that I think NES/SNES emulation has been at its pinnacle for quite a while and I've never had a problem emulating an NES/SNES game. Atari emulation is also pretty good. One thing I have found lacking is playstation emulation.. I tried bleem, but there were so many problems still... just seemed like no one was interested.

Jan Kivar

Learning Storage Performance
blakerwry said:
I'm glad to say that I think NES/SNES emulation has been at its pinnacle for quite a while and I've never had a problem emulating an NES/SNES game. Atari emulation is also pretty good. One thing I have found lacking is playstation emulation.. I tried bleem, but there were so many problems still... just seemed like no one was interested.

I tried bleem too when it was out, but it was too buggy (slowdowns, lockups, really bad graphic bugs). Some of the SNES emulators have options to make the graphics look even better than they did with the real deal...

Jan