WTB: s754 mainboard

tazwegion

Learning Storage Performance
I'm looking for a s754 mainboard to replace the dead board in a "legacy rebuild" any chipset I have no preferences though VIA would be nice, Paypal would be the method of payment unless you're in Australia then bank transfer would also be available...

Cheers.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Taz, I've got an EPox EP-8HDA5J with I/O plate (VIA K8T800/8237) if you're interested. The issue with early versions of the 8237 was that it doesn't like SATA-300 drives. You have to jumper them to SATA-150. I'm in Canberra. Caps are good and the board was tested working as of last week with a 3400+ and 2800+

tazwegion

Learning Storage Performance
My parents have a system based on the board below. I have been pushing them to upgrade but my dad won't budge. How much would the board below be worth to you? Maybe I could convince my Dad if he can get a little something for his old system..

http://global.aopen.com/products_detail.aspx?auno=1315

Clocker

In all honesty probably not enough to convince him, once I factor in shipping etc. a motherboard bundle from the swap meet is looking more and more like the most attractive option (but that's a whole month away) :(

PM sent LiamC :D