WTB: Cheap PC133 SDRAM

Will Rickards WT

Learning Storage Performance
Website
www.willrickards.net
I'm looking for some cheap PC133 SDRAM for a Dell Dimension L800CXE.
It is my brother's computer and I've had to flush it due to spyware/virus infections. He said he wanted it faster and I figured if I could throw 256MB of RAM in there for $20 that would be worth it. There is one DIMM in there so I'd need 256MB in a single DIMM. PC100 might work too, I'm not sure what is in there now.

Will Rickards WT

Website
www.willrickards.net
Well I just checked and the ram in there is a 128MB PC100 stick. Not sure of the CL rating (2 or 3). Looking on ebay it seems the mean price is about $40.
Oh well maybe I'll try just a 128MB stick for a total of 256MB.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I have a few pieces I'd be Ebaying:
2x Crucial 128MB PC133 CL2
Generic 128MB PC133
Crucial 128MB PC66 CL2

Make me an offer.

Will Rickards WT

Website
www.willrickards.net
Only question is regarding density.
See this page for info I found in my search.
This RAM needs to work in an intel 810 chipset board.
Offer is $20, with $3 allowance for shipping, so total $23.
For one stick of 128MB, standard or low density.
I don't care much about generic vs crucial as long as it will work.

If that offer is too low, which it probably is since you'd probably get more on ebay, that is okay. He can live with 128MB.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
My suggestion is to try eBay every day. You'll get the occasional person who'll have a very low Buy-It-Now price. I remember I got 4 32MB 72-pin EDO sticks for $5 and 360MB assorted EDO RAM for $10 at a time when a 32MB EDO stick was running around $10. Some people either don't know how much what they have is worth, and set a very low price, or just want to get rid of it fast and don't care how much they get.

Howell,

Just a quick check on eBay shows 128 MB PC133 going for $15 to $30. You'll probably fetch more for your Crucial.

To all,

I'm also interested in a few sticks of cheap PC133 and PC100, mainly either 128MB (single or double-sided) or 256 MB (16 chips-low density). Since they're going in old machines I don't need nor am I willing to pay more for name brands. I'm also not willing to pay current regular eBay or retail prices but factor in that you'll save on eBay fees and won't have any hassles getting paid (either PayPal or personal check). If you have anything smaller than 128MB let me know what you have, and how much you want. I might be interested so I'll have spares in case I find another decent system by the curb (I've already found 3 Pentium class machines and one PII-class machine in good shape).