WTB: 512MB of DDR333 RAM

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
If I can find a grrreat deal on some DDR333 (up to two DIMMS for a total of 512MB) I would like to buy them. I'm building a system for a friend and I originally installed some DDR400 RAM. I'm doubting they will ever need DDR400 so I'm thinking about replacing it with some DDR333 if I can find it cheap. I only paid $75 for their Kingston DDR400 so I'll need to be finding a really good deal to make it worth the trouble...

C

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Yeah I've been noticing that. I'm glad Coug gave me the tip to buy some a while ago... :D

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
It's been like a zigsaw in the last month. But the trend IMO is upward. Especially with August and class comeback arriving. RAM prices to go down again like they were in Spring? Years ahead. Probably at least two. Smallest price I've ever had for 512MB of PC133 (at the time) was 65$CDN. Never even this Spring did it came back that low. 512MB PC2100 came down to ~70$CDN but not below the 65$ mark. The 65$ for 512MB PC133 was something like two years ago in March or April IIRC. Maybe three years ago (Was it in 2000 or 2001 that the RAM was dirt cheap before last end-of-Winter/Spring?). Anyway. Next time won't be soon IMO. It's still relatively low. People who need it should still get it. In October, it might be quite ugly, although I don't think we'll see a mad rise like the time when 256MB of mainstream module costed above 125U$.

The faith of Hynix is the answer. Should it die once and for all and our wallets will feel lighter.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
That's a good deal. At 1st when I read circuit city and RAM I thought you were going to say the deal was on some cheap junk like PNY or K-Byte. But $40 for 512MB of Kingston Value RAM is a really good deal.

I'm still waiting on my 800JB rebate from circuit city though.... WD sent me their part of the reabate months ago.