Wireless 5.1 Speakers

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Buck, if you find more products please append this thread.

It's extremely interesting IMO because it's a nitch of the market not really covered.
It's like Columbus' egg. It's so obvious to implement and now that the costs of wireless mechanisms is falling I hope to see many more producers (and the big players too) give products.

These Jazz speakers are nice if you have space cause the front ones have a stand. However they are OK for their price.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Wireless speakers tend to not be so good, for the simple reason that most operate in the 900MHz and 2.4GHz spectra.

I've got a pair of Advent wireless speakers I've never been able to use because I've never been anywhere where there wasn't interference in the 900MHz range.

On the computer side of things, everything would be easier if the dumb bastards that make computer speakers would just put normal speaker-type connectors - even spring clips - and quit with the fixed-length cable crap that they've always done. I think that would solve a lot of problems.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Mercutio said:
Wireless speakers tend to not be so good, for the simple reason that most operate in the 900MHz and 2.4GHz spectra.
The Jazz speakers have a DIP switch to alternate between various frequencies in the 2.4GHz range.
It's a good workaround and according to this reviewer worked.

Others can do it too. And this will be real good for the market because I know many people who opted out because of the many cables in multi-speaker systems.