Winter tire time

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
So this year, I've switched from the Blizzak WS-50 to the new Nokian Hakka RSi snow tires. Any one else doing anything exciting?

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Old school studded tires on steel rims.

I always try to run my boss's Wall Street Journal over in the company parking lot if i get a chance.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I run some cheapo all terrain tires on my 4x4 all year round. Stock size they don't make much noise and have plenty of grip. Only rated for 30k miles but I would rather have soft grippy rubber and change the tires more often, you don't really want to be stuck with the same set of tires for 60k or more miles.

On the company taurus they won't pay for snow tires and for the past couple years I was pretty impressed in what I could do with the car with regular radials traction control and antilock breaks. But then again I grew up in the notheast and am quite used to driving in low traction conditions.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Ranger 4X4, limited slip, Michelin LTX/MS tires. Almost unstoppable :D

Bozo :mrgrn:

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Back when I had my 2x4 ranger I had an auburn put in, I didn't think it was enough for when you really needed it. On my current truck I tried a lock-rite but with my standard transmission there was just to much clanging and banging going on back there, really need an auto for those. Best thing by far is the 4x4 and decent tires. I have never run studs on anything.

The best part of driving in a winter snow storm, following a car and all you can see it their tail lights, they take a corner and you see tail lights, head lights, tail lights just spinning and you think maybe I will slow down for this next one...

Sol

Storage is cool
I remember one time it snowed so hard the snow actually settled on the ground... By pooling all the snow from our front lawn with a couple of neighbours we managed to make a snow man as high as me knee...

Snow chains can still be handy for getting your car out when it's bogged though...