Wikipedia

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Amazing place, Prof. Brilliant idea. I can't get Tannin away from it. Lucky for me that I get to decide what to do with the computer some of the time, otherwise I'd never get to hang out here anymore.

Besidez, the Wiki people are not very friendly. I mean to say, it'z a pretty poor thing when people don't underztand about remapped keyboardz and minor family dizagreementz over a banana or two.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
I like this idea of peer-reviewing and correcting the information on vast online encyclopedias.
However since there is no über-editor, better be careful on taking for granted what you see written...

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
I believe that if you take enough monkeys and place them in front of typewriters then eventually a new great piece of literature will be created. I am also a believer in the idea that quantity is a quality all in itself.

However, I'm not holding my breath for these endevors. The amount of myth and mis-information that can be spread by average people writing an encyclopedia is staggering.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
On the other hand, the Oxford English Dictionary relies on ordinary people to spot first-uses and derivations of words.

A subject-matter expert is still an ordinary person as well. I imagine that any one of us could write a reasonable page about storage performance, for example. When I visited, I went to a "random" page, and read about inline engines. This may be a bit of a jump, but I have to think that someone who cares enough to write seven paragraphs about inline engines probably knows quite a lot about them.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
However the openness of the whole project helps for its own evolution. It's thanks to its editing and counter-editing that the information included will become by time more and more accurate.

The most problematic themes are the historical ones. For example, imagine the Iraqi-US conflict... according to each point of view there is a difference stance.

I think that contibutions in the future should be Profile-based only, to avoid troll activities and garbage.