Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
NEWSFLASH: Dateline Storage Forum, 11th November 2002.

New avatars abound, and there are one or two more still to go since the great avatar swap. Lotz of creative onez, too. But of them all, I have one particular favourite - yes, even better than that wonderful new one of mine, showing me in all my regal splendor.

Herewith, the new avatar poll.

CNN Sport

What is this storage?
"Welcome back, you're on CNN Sport. Ed: you have some news for us, I hear?"

"Well, more a case of no news, Dave. There has been a rumour flying around that the much-travelled Tannin is upset with his new avatar."

"Yes, so I heard, Ed. The streets of Bagdad are alive with it. Anything to it?"

"Actually, no, Dave. It seems that it's just yet another case of Tannin opening his big mouth trying to make a joke - a post about not making a post - and having it misinterpreted."

"Same old story, Ed. He does it all the time."

"Faid so, Dave. He's notorious for it. In fact, I understand that he sees himself as a bit of a bull in a china shop and had quite a chucke at it."

"But speaking of avatars, Ed, there was a move afoot to come up with a new and better one for us. Anything happening there?"

"More bad news, Dave. Seems the studio is cost-cutting again and we have been told we will have to make do with the old one for a bit longer. They've laid off the entire avatar department."

"That's a shame, Ed. It's a particularly boring avatar, in my opinion, and long overdue for replacement. It must be older than your underwear."

"Umm ... yes. Ahhh ..."

"Maybe we could put it to our viewers?"

"That's disgusting, Dave!"

"No, no. I'm talking about our avatar."

"Like have a competition or something?"

"Yup. Call it something fun and exciting like ... er ... Ho about 'The New Avatar for CNN Sport Competition'?"

"Ahh, I think the name could use a little work. But sure. Let's do it. The viewers could send in avatars and win a prize. For first prize we could have ... er .... Are there any prizes, Ed?"

"Nope. Studio's cutting back on the prizes department too."

"Right. Well, it must be time we took a break for some messages. We will be right back after ... er ... there don't seem to be any messages. We'll take a station break."

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Here is what I see for avatars when I visit SF:
avs.gif

James

Storage is cool
CNN Sport said:
"More bad news, Dave. Seems the studio is cost-cutting again and we have been told we will have to make do with the old one for a bit longer. They've laid off the entire avatar department."

"That's a shame, Ed. It's a particularly boring avatar, in my opinion, and long overdue for replacement. It must be older than your underwear."
It's even from the right place... (it'll need to be shrunk somewhat) :

hickman.lorenz.jpg

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
Tannin, your new avatar dances exactly to the beat of Van Halen's "Aint talking 'bout love" :mrgrn:

CNN Sport

What is this storage?
"Need to be shrunk? Damnit, what size underwear do you think I wear now?"

"Take it easy, Ed. He's talking about our avatar."

"Oh, Sorry about that."

"Yes, and that's a big, big thankyou to all our viewers, and especially to Mr James of Sydney, who called in with the winning entry. You're on CNN Sport."

James

Storage is cool
CNN Sport said:
"Yes, and that's a big, big thankyou to all our viewers, and especially to Mr James of Sydney, who called in with the winning entry. You're on CNN Sport."
More like the only entry, but you're welcome.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Damn it, I can't resist any longer. I vote for Blakewry first, but by a very small margin from Tea and Slo, with honourable mentions going to James and Jo Jo, and ... well, they are all pretty good!