What type are you?

Sol

Storage is cool
Aparently I'm an SJ, guardian.
Personally I don't buy it - one of the reasons I have nothing more specific to note -

Gotta say I don't think the questions were very applicable to me, or the answers anyway.

Mostly I just wanted to answer yes or no.
for example:

42. In stories, do you prefer:
action and adventure
fantasy and heroism

Most heroic fantasy books contain action and adventure. Or the ones I read at least.
Do I have to answer action and adventure because I don't like fantasy romances?

54. Facts:
speak for themselves
illustrate principles

Can't they do both?

More information, or just a plain better question works for me.

Kind of reminds me of a servey I took once. It would ask a question and the next question would assume that you answered the previous one a cirtain way.

This test seems to asume some personality traits before you even answer the questions.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Ahhh. Sol, I see you start to understand psychology. Sometimes it's even clearer.
Code:
Psychologist: "Do you love your mother?"

Subject: "Yes."

Psychologist: "Ahh. So you are consumed with suppressed longing for your mother. No wonder your sex life is a mess."

Subject: "But actually my sex life is fine. I came to see you about my dissatisfaction with my career choice."

Psychologist: "Oh dear, this is even worse than I thought. So you have repressed your true feelings."
Err ... Let's try that again, shall we?
Code:
Psychologist: "Do you love your mother?"

Subject: "No."

Psychologist: "Ahh. So you have repressed your unconscious feelings. You are in a bad way."

(Rest of interview proceeds as above.)

Psychology is the art of putting a psudo-scientific gloss on whatever it is that the psychologist decided to discover in the first place. Well, most of it is, anyway.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Sol said:
Aparently I'm an SJ, guardian.
Personally I don't buy it - one of the reasons I have nothing more specific to note -

Gotta say I don't think the questions were very applicable to me, or the answers anyway.

Mostly I just wanted to answer yes or no.
for example:

42. In stories, do you prefer:
action and adventure
fantasy and heroism

Most heroic fantasy books contain action and adventure. Or the ones I read at least.
Do I have to answer action and adventure because I don't like fantasy romances?

54. Facts:
speak for themselves
illustrate principles

Can't they do both?

More information, or just a plain better question works for me.

Kind of reminds me of a servey I took once. It would ask a question and the next question would assume that you answered the previous one a cirtain way.

This test seems to asume some personality traits before you even answer the questions.

Th more questions there are the better the test is. There will be several questions during the test that point you toward one of two conclusions in a catagory. You should answer the question as best you can.

I think some of the questions are asked in such a way that they will be more easily answered (i.e. answered quicker) by certain of the other catagories.

FWIW, your complaint about the test even reveals something of your personality. Read Jake's link, especially ENTP and INTP.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Tea said:
Psychology is the art of putting a psudo-scientific gloss on whatever it is that the psychologist decided to discover in the first place. Well, most of it is, anyway.
Amen. :right:

This is the sagiest thing I've heard from an ape... kudos Tea!
I couldn't agree more...

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
Mercutio said:
For the entirety of NTs, the breakdown from the online test is
ENTJ = 3.17
ENTP = 2.23
INTJ = 5.24
INTP = 3.09

13.73% of test takers are NTs of some sort.

what was the breakdown for NF's? i can't seem to find any the stats myself.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
From P5's link, above (Distribution of types):

ENFJ = 7.43
ENFP = 8.59
INFJ = 7.31
INFP = 6.81
= 30.14%

You'd have to look at the per-type descriptions for an exact figure.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Well, almost two years after I took the test for the thread I've gone on vacation and had the test administered again informally. One of the guys I went to the beach with brought Keirsey's book and I was given the test and read some of the book. Reading the synopsis on the website is a poor substitute for reading the much longer and more in depth (and comparative) descriptions in the book. In the book he also gives a historical overview of the progression of the theory beginning with Aristotle and Plato.

Two years ago I tested as an SJ. I can wholehearted say that today I'm an INFJ. The other description is here. I actually tested as equal for E & I which is descibed here and here. But, I think I lean slightly toward the I.

In thinking about what's happened in my life in the last two years as well as the people I've met and conversed with and the personal growth I've had I found that two years ago I had answered several of the questions as I wished I were. I also found that historical life circumstances had not allowed me to exericse some of my natural tendancies and thus skewed the result and was likely a reason for my dissatisfaction.

This could not have come at a better time as I am currently considering what direction to take in my career and possibly even switching careers.

We have had a good bit of interaction in the last two years; anybody see me as the INFJ?

Mercutio

On the matter of type, in this case, it's a little hard to determine from your posts. Protector (the SJ type) and Councilor are pretty simlar, after all. It boils down to whether or not one thinks you're compassionate/empathic vs being more detached.

And that's a hard thing to see from here, although I can recall a couple of incidences I'd put forth as evidence of Howell being a compassionate person.

Now, what're your thoughts on your career?

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
This questionairre labeled me as Guardian SJ Type. As for the sub-types: Supervisors (ESTJ) | Protectors (ISFJ) | Inspectors (ISTJ) | Providers (ESFJ), I don't plan on going any further.

Mickey

Learning Storage Performance
Took it once a few years ago for work. I think I was stuck between two, either INTJ or some other one. I took it recently again and I now lean more towards INTJ.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Mercutio said:
On the matter of type, in this case, it's a little hard to determine from your posts. Protector (the SJ type) and Councilor are pretty simlar, after all. It boils down to whether or not one thinks you're compassionate/empathic vs being more detached.

And that's a hard thing to see from here, although I can recall a couple of incidences I'd put forth as evidence of Howell being a compassionate person.

Now, what're your thoughts on your career?

Regarding the personality type, I think a more accurate reflection can be garnered from PMs rather than general posts. General posts probably reflect more of the diplomat and if I see a poster in a discussion as an underdog I might tend more toward devil's advocate.

I'm not sure about the career. I'd hate to think that I'd have to get out of technology. I have experience and I enjoy it. Maybe move more towards teaching or career counseling in conjuction with computers.

I recently had to turn down a job managing the computer systems for a local city school system as well as teaching and supporting the faculty and staff. I'm also thinking about moving over-seas. Mid-east, far-east, east-bumble. Something like that.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Howell said:
I'm not sure about the career. I'd hate to think that I'd have to get out of technology. I have experience and I enjoy it. Maybe move more towards teaching or career counseling in conjuction with computers.

I wouldn't mind leaving the technology sector, as long as I'm compensated well for my work. :D I should become a purveyor of fine Scotches.

Mercutio

Teaching is OK. I like to think of it as "curing ignorance".

I don't know about IT though. I can't imagine doing anything else for a living, but I can see how hard it is for people to find work. It's scary right now.

I guess if I had to get out I'd spend a couple years getting another degree or something. Something useless like a Fine Arts degree.

Anyway, why the move? I mean, I know TN isn't the hotbed of IT that, say, Chapel Hill is, but aren't you looking at something kinda extreme?

ddrueding

Fixture
I think the most fun part of my new (and ridiculously fun) job running a gaming center is teaching people who haven't played games on computers before how to do it.

Teaching is very fun and very rewarding (I spent quite a bit of time helping in a 3rd grade classroom a few years ago), but teaching people how to have fun is awesome. Some friends of mine teach diving, kayaking, and horseback riding; they say the same thing.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
ddrueding said:
I think the most fun part of my new (and ridiculously fun) job running a gaming center is teaching people who haven't played games on computers before how to do it.

Teaching is very fun and very rewarding (I spent quite a bit of time helping in a 3rd grade classroom a few years ago), but teaching people how to have fun is awesome. Some friends of mine teach diving, kayaking, and horseback riding; they say the same thing.

That does sound like fun. I've had the opportunity to teach some individuals about customer service, and for those that wanted to learn this art, it was fun.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Mercutio said:
Anyway, why the move? I mean, I know TN isn't the hotbed of IT that, say, Chapel Hill is, but aren't you looking at something kinda extreme?

Extreme is a matter of perspective and personality, Is it not? :) My adventurous spirit may be very influential on the decision. Besides, I could help improve the lives->community->country of some third world nation.

As far as staying in IT or not, I'm not sure I know anything else. I use to be a bike mechanic. I'd really rather not go back to school. I don't do well there.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
My whole company took the test last week and we had a two hour team-building meeting. This includes all employees: management, techs, admin assistants. It is a smallish company doing contract network engineering and break/fix work for small and medium sized businesses.

Code:
E(8,2)	S/N(10,10)	T(16/4)	J(17/3)

I(2,8)	S/N(10,10)	T(11,9)	P(7,13)

E(7,3)	S(13,7)	F(15,5)	J(13,7)

I(4,6)	S(16,4)	F(7,13)	J(13,7)

I(0,10)	N(4,16)	T(15,5)	J(11,9)

E(7,3)	S(13,7)	T/F(14,6)	J(15,5)

I(1,9)	N(8,12)	T/F(10,10)	P(7,13)

E(7,3)	N(8,12)	T(11,9)	J(13,7)

E(6,4)	N(4,16)	F(3,17)	J(11,9)

E(8,2)	S(15,5)	T/F(10,10)	J(18,2)

E/I(5/5)	S(13,7)	T(11,9)	J(16,4)

I(4,6)	N(8,12)	T(11,9)	J(15,5)

E/I(5,5)	N(5/15)	F(5,15)	P(9,11)

E(6,4)	N(2,18)	T(11,9)	P(9,11)

E(10/0)	S(15,5)	T(11/9)	J(16/4)

E(6,4)	S(15,5)	T(13,7)	J(17,3)

Out of the entire company there are only 3 Ps. One developer, me and the HR guy. There are also only a few NFs including me. Almost everyone in the organization is either an STJ or an NTJ. This job is going to kill me.

freeborn

Learning Storage Performance
Hmm,

Johny come very lately here. Taking that test today it seems they want money to tell me my score and final designation. My overall type is Rational. So for $15 I could tell you which of the following I was catagorized to.

The Four types of Rationals are:

Architects (INTP) | Masterminds (INTJ) | Inventors (ENTP) | Field Marshals (ENTJ)

Free

P.S. maybe I will spend the money, not sure yet :)