Way to go!

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
But isn't that a bit boring? Shouldn't the sport be played without gloves and the ball superheated to 120-degrees fahrenheit?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Why not? It's still in the air, isn't it?
Am I missing something fundamental in the definition of the word "catch"?

120 degrees isn't really very hot, Buck. 500 degrees, now THAT's a hot ball.
Even better, why not just use a live grenade? I'd even be so charitable as to leave the pin in.

SteveC

Storage is cool
Mercutio said:
Why not? It's still in the air, isn't it?
Am I missing something fundamental in the definition of the word "catch"?

That's the way it's been in the rule book for a hundred years. Once it hits anything other than a part of the fielder's body or glove, it can no longer be a catch.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Have a random amount of current running through the ball, so when it is touched it could either leave a mark or be played as normal. And what is with all of that dirt and those cleats? How about a nicely polished wood floor and socks -- try taking the corner at 3rd base with that setup. Having a slick floor sure makes hockey interesting.

ddrueding

Fixture
I think the most boring thing about baseball is that 90% of the time, 90% of the players on the field aren't moving. If you were to put just one sniper in the bleachers somewhere, that could liven things up a bit.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
ddrueding said:
I think the most boring thing about baseball is that 90% of the time, 90% of the players on the field aren't moving. If you were to put just one sniper in the bleachers somewhere, that could liven things up a bit.
That's a great idea, dd. :idea: We can combine Olympic shooting and baseball into one sport. Bonus points if you hit a moving player, extra bonus points for a moving ball.