Want to Buy: 256MB or 128MB CAS2 PC133 DIMM(s)

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm in USA. I'm looking for a good deal. It's a spare parts box I'm putting together for SF Folding @ Home.

Clocker

Will Rickards WT

Learning Storage Performance
Website
www.willrickards.net
Well I have a 256MB PC133 Dimm laying around.
But I'm not sure if it works or if it is really PC133.
It worked fine in my computer, then I replaced it with two crucial ones.
However, I think it was PC133 at CAS 3.

I recently tried it in my brothers computer and no go.
Maybe it needed registered memory or something?
It is generic ram... I forget the manuf... LM?

I hate to throw it away... I paid $260 for the thing.
Now even if it worked it wouldn't be worth more than $40.
I was debating what to do with it. But you are welcome to it.
E-mail me at the e-mail listed for my other handle: Will Rickards.

James

Storage is cool
Sorry Clocker, this trip is turning out to be pretty busy.

I don't have my inventory of RAM sticks in front of me because I'm OS. The major cost to you is going to be the shipping unfortunately - I expect I'd sell the sticks themselves for 50% of the Crucial price for a similar piece.

I think I have PC133 128MB and 256MB sticks, some PC100, and a PC100 256MB registered stick - I shudder to think what the depreciated cost of that item would be.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
I should have a spare 512MB PC133 CAS3. It does work, but I had picked up 2 and, since the machine eventually wound up running W98, left one out. That was months ago before RAM prices started going back up. How does $65 shipped within the USA? That equals my cost at the time. If interested I'll check the brand when I get home .. it's either PNY or Crucial, probably PNY.

- Fushigi

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Whoops. I just looked at the manual for the board I'm using. It's a BX board (ECS P6BX-A+) and, apparently, the largest size DIMM it will accept is 128MB. 256MB may work I'm guessing but I'm pretty sure 512MB won't.

Either way, I want PC133 just so I can use it in some other system down the road (i.e. maybe a free upgrade for my dad's 128MB machine)....

Of course, if someone wants to give me a great deal on some PC 100, I'll consider it...

C