VR

Handruin

Administrator
Oculus Rift retail pre-orders go live in 30 minutes and my credit card is ready. Anyone else jumping in?

I wasn't aware they were that close to retail. I have been asleep at the VR wheel apparently. Their website still says pre-order at $599. Is that going from pre-order to live?

ddrueding

Fixture
Nope, that is the pre-order. No one knew how much it was going to be until the pre-order went up.

There were issues with their site right at the buzzer (naturally), so I was 26 minutes in. On one page during the order they mentioned May as a delivery date.

Handruin

Administrator
Nope, that is the pre-order. No one knew how much it was going to be until the pre-order went up.

There were issues with their site right at the buzzer (naturally), so I was 26 minutes in. On one page during the order they mentioned May as a delivery date.

Aside from the couple applications they're showing on their website, are you planning any other projects/ideas to use this with device?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
What are those of us who wear eyeglasses supposed to do with this tech? Do we need to input our prescription so that the image can be corrected for our vision, or do we just fuck right off until someone builds the display into the eyeglasses in the first place?

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I might wring but it looks like it would fit over glasses. It looks like deep ski goggles which do fit over glasses.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Nice pic! The little one ain't so little anymore! Buy that sawed-off shotgun now; she's a looker and you're going to have boy trouble soon.

Your glasses are barely visible. It appears the fashion lately is to have thick-bezel plastic frames like they had in the '40s (about 2x to 2.5x the thickness of Woody Allen's). Yuk. I much prefer frames like yours. Mine is like that too.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Your glasses are barely visible. It appears the fashion lately is to have thick-bezel plastic frames like they had in the '40s (about 2x to 2.5x the thickness of Woody Allen's). Yuk. I much prefer frames like yours. Mine is like that too.

I like the thicker bezeled, plastic framed lenses because they sit more comfortably on my nose. The type DD is wearing has those little pads/feet and within seconds they give me a headache. Of course, I mostly prefer my contact lenses. :)

ddrueding

Fixture
I like the thicker bezeled, plastic framed lenses because they sit more comfortably on my nose. The type DD is wearing has those little pads/feet and within seconds they give me a headache. Of course, I mostly prefer my contact lenses. :)

I prioritize weight over all else. These are light enough that even with just the pads for contact the total pressure it probably much lower.

http://www.nikevision.com/products/detail/nike-4192/#13892_007

Is the wine for the cat(s)?

Nah, when the kid is in (my parents) house the cat isn't. Hence the wine stand.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
I prioritize weight over all else. These are light enough that even with just the pads for contact the total pressure it probably much lower.
http://www.nikevision.com/products/detail/nike-4192/#13892_007

Even with the super-lightweight glasses, I encounter headaches. I have a couple pairs of the Oakley Muffler. For me they are very comfortable and fit well when I run or play tennis. They hold up well with light-contact sports too. I have not broken a pair...yet. :) The minor downside is that the ear jackets need replacing every several months, which is easy to do. My optometrist has them on hand for free. They also resize the frames for a tighter fit when I need the adjustment.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
To each his own, Buck, I have no problem with that. I started wearing glasses when I was ~ 12. My head is quite asymmetrical; my ears are also not level. The frames available then used ti bite into my head near the ear one side or the other, and never fit quite right. With the advent of flexible hinges (a godsend!) this problem has been solved for me. Like DD, I also prefer the lightest weight possible, but don't like rimless because I'm anal about my lenses being clean and that takes a toll on the longevity of the frame.