Virtual Desktops + Virtual Machines = Fun

Adcadet

Storage Freak
I think I finally figured out how to make a dent in my 16 GB of RAM. Dexpot (http://www.dexpot.de/index.php?lang=en), a way to allow multiple desktops in Windows 7 to allow me to more easily run multiple virtual machines through Oracle's Virtual Box (which I prefer over VMPlayer as it seems to give me more options, including to use >4 CPU cores). This makes playing with Linux seriously easy.

Adcadet

Storage Freak
I run two monitors, and Dexpot works fine.

I don't actually run that many applications, but it's nice running each virtual machine in a maximized window on its own desktop. Dexpot then lets me easily cycle through desktops.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
To each his own but I've had no real difficulty managing switching between the main desktop and two running VMs; particularly with 7 taskbar grouping.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I hate taskbar grouping. I like being able to identify the right window without waiting for the little pop-up graphic.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I installed Dexpot on a Windows 7 computer. Set up 5 desktops that automatically change every 10 seconds. On each desktop I started VNC and connected it to a remote and/or headless computer around the plant.
Now I can just stop at the server cage and check the computers by watching the VNC merry-go-round. :)

Great program. Thanks Adcadet!

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I installed Dexpot on a Windows 7 computer. Set up 5 desktops that automatically change every 10 seconds. On each desktop I started VNC and connected it to a remote and/or headless computer around the plant.
Now I can just stop at the server cage and check the computers by watching the VNC merry-go-round. :)

Hey! I like that!