Video editing software

Adcadet

Storage Freak
Hey guys,
I got a camcorder (Canon Vixia HFM300) that I'm pretty happy with (only complaint: low-light shooting drops the quality quickly), and am looking for some decent video editing software. I've been using Microsoft's Movie Maker Live, which is fine for simple stuff. But I'm looking for something with more bells and whistles. My videos are AVCHD by default, which I think most programs read just fine. Do you guys recommend anything in particular for the higher-end home user?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
S*ny Vegas.

The UI is tremendously less retarded than Premier. It's also cheaper and does all the same stuff.

Mercutio

Ouch, I almost broke the floor with my ass after reading Merc recommending a S*ny product.

The alternative is to recommend an Adobe product. It's a little like asking which testicle you'd prefer to have run through a garlic press.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
The alternative is to recommend an Adobe product. It's a little like asking which testicle you'd prefer to have run through a garlic press.

I am so lucky I wasn't drinking coffee or cola when I read that

:thumbright:

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I have PowerDirector 9, and it feels much like having a testicle run through a garlic press, and just as intuitive....

Handruin

Administrator
I'm just going to put this out there, but the Adobe Premiere CS5.5 30-day trial can be extended without needing to...download/torrent hackery. ;) It's probably overkill for what you want.

Mercutio

Adobe Creative Suite is either the first or second most pirated software on the internet. If you can't trip and fall over a decent copy on a torrent site I do not know what is wrong with you.

While I do not condone use of Adobe software for anything, I will say that I would rather people steal it than give those unclefuckers any legitimate business.

Handruin

Administrator
You don't even need to torrent. They give it to you as a demo and you can make it functional without even risking a hacked version or hacked code.

I don't say it quite so colorfully as you, but I agree.