Value of a used Samsung Galaxy S5 cell phone in pristine condition

apairofpcs

Learning Storage Performance
Hello all,

There's a good possibility that Samsung will run a phone trade-in promotion when the Galaxy S8 is released on April 21st, as it did when the S7 and S7 Edge phones were released in February 2016. My Galaxy S5 is in pristine condition and Samsung will most probably allow me to use it in a trade-in. I got it for free from Costco in May 2015, so it's been in use for less than two years. I'd say that this fact should be more important in determining it's value, than the February 2014 release date. My bill of sale will authenticate the date that the phone was first used.

Is there anybody who can give me an idea what my phone is worth NOW?

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Verizon will give you what they think it is worth of it is compatible with their system. I can't see how the tune in use aspect would have any bearing on the value unless the battery is not replaceable.

apairofpcs

Check Swappa and eBay?
I looked at both sites. I'm trying to offset the high price of the Galaxy S8 at 799 euros = $854 USD. The price of the S5 is lower than I expected, though. The truth is I didn't have any idea what it was worth. But I accept the way the supply and demand doctrine of free enterprise operates.

apairofpcs

Verizon will give you what they think it is worth of it is compatible with their system. I can't see how the tune in use aspect would have any bearing on the value unless the battery is not replaceable.
Samsung is the buyer of trade-in phones, although my cell service provider is indeed Verizon Wireless. This model is the last Galaxy S series phone with a removable back panel to replace the battery. I happen to have a spare 2,800mAh battery.