UGH! newegg is killing me

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
i've ordered 2 motherboards from newegg in the last month and both times they've sent me the wrong thing!

i talked to their reps in the RMA department and they just wont even agree to double check to see if they are sending me the right god damn stuff.

all the while my file server is down waiting on a new mobo.

additionally they said they'd credit my account for return shipping.. that was over a week ago with no credit to my account... (newegg or credit card)

I feel like I'm about to just call it quits with newegg. Anybody else with such bad experience?

BooST

Learning Storage Performance
Sorry to hear that, but I've had nothing but positive experience with them

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Where've you been man? Haven't seen you here for awhile.
I've had a couple of REALLY bad experiences with newegg. The "we're gonna keep your 8500DV" thing, a couple times I've gotten bad batches of boards, and sometimes slow credit processing on RMA refunds.

All that said, their prices and selection are still awesome, and they've always eventually made things right.

ddrueding

Fixture
I've had really good experiences with them. Last week I thought they had shorted me 4x A64 3000+ CPUs and some cooling fans. I called the same day and the person on the phone put me on hold for a few minutes, when she returned she had the tracking number for my missing parts on 2nd day FedEx. As it turns out, they didn't skimp at all, I just hadn't opened one of the boxes yet :oops: . I'll be shipping back the extras tomorrow (they've been so good, I don't feel like cheating them).

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I've always had good experiances with Newegg. Even their RMA process has been positive.

Bozo :mrgrn:

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
This why credit cards have a dispute process.

As always, leaving negative feedback in the right places and threatening (and being prepared to) complain to the appropriate authorities usually helps.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Other than unimpressive HD packaging I've nothing but positive experiences with NewEgg, including a couple of RMAs.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
Mercutio said:
Where've you been man? Haven't seen you here for awhile.

took a trip, plus I've been busy.

I hope to get this all straightenned out soon... This whole thing was really frustrating me last night, I was glad that newegg's CS dept. was closed or I would have been yelling at some poor girl. I dont really even feel like bothering to send the second board back, but would like the cost difference between the two boards credited to my account.

How do you go about disputing something like this? newegg has a packing slip and tracking number which show they sent the correct item, I did recieve somethign of value, just not what I ordered.... do I dispute over goods/services not recieved and send the wrong item back (being out shipping and my time)? do I simply dispute the charge and keep the wrong item unless newegg sends me a shipping label to correct their mistake?

ddrueding

Fixture
If you are happy to accept the item they sent, then they should be happy to refund the difference. If you would like the proper item, ask that they ship you the correct item and a pre-paid box to return the incorrect one. This way you keep hold of something]/i] until they get it right.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
i tried that.... only instead of them sending me a postage paid box (or pre-paid shipping label) they said they'd credit me $10 shipping...

They got it wrong the second time too... so now I have 2 wrong mobos and no right mobos... and they never credited my account...