Speechless - thank you everyone!

Handruin

Administrator
No complaints here, so far so good. 24x7 operation since the day it came in the door.

I had XP running fine for 45 days without a reboot...then it acted weird so I rebooted. none-the-less, it's been running great. (knock on wood)

Once again, thanks a ton for the generous gift!

Piyono

Storage is cool
How come I'm always the last one to hear about stuff like this?
Just when I had some cash burning a hole in my pocket, too!

Piyono

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
Tea said:
It'z OK, Piyono. You can juzt zend it to me. Tannin zeems to think that I owe him quite a bit just at the moment, so it would come in handy.

I imagine in Tannin's shop, the number one reason for PSU death would be discarded banana peels.. I realize you have to put them somewhere... and those holes in the back of the cases are awfully convenient, but maybe you do owe him something.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Awww ztop complaining. At least it makes them run quieter. (I picked up that little trick from a gorilla friend of mine who works in the motor trade. He zays that banana peels are juzt the thing for a noisy differential.)

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
blakerwry said:
I imagine in Tannin's shop, the number one reason for PSU death would be discarded banana peels..
IMO, accumulations of foot-long red hairs around chassis, CPU and PSU fans do far more damages.

honold

Storage is cool
blakerwry said:
I imagine in Tannin's shop, the number one reason for PSU death would be discarded banana peels.. I realize you have to put them somewhere... and those holes in the back of the cases are awfully convenient, but maybe you do owe him something.

THE ONLY REASON ANYTHING IN THE HISTORY OF TIME HAS EVER FAILED WAS THE PRESENCE OF AT LEAST ONE MOVING PART

honold

Storage is cool
almost forgot, dell-branded pcs or peripherals purchased through them are a notable exception to this rule!

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Better zend it back, Handy. We are all going to get together and buy you a nice, furry Dell. :)

PS: I will write to Dell and ask them to remove the power switch and power leads. That way none of the parts will move and it will never fail on you.

PPS: I juzt realised ... if we ban moving partz, does that mean all; those UPS and FedEx people are going to have to look for different jobz? Or iz it OK to be moving complete systemz, juzt not moving partz?

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
honold said:
THE ONLY REASON ANYTHING IN THE HISTORY OF TIME HAS EVER FAILED WAS THE PRESENCE OF AT LEAST ONE MOVING PART

Do you give motivational speeches? My light bulbs need a good talking to.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Honold iz right. Also, electrons iz moving partz too. It iz only with my patented customizationz that you can get rid of all those pesky darn electronz out of your computer and make it 100% reliable!

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Tea said:
PS: I will write to Dell and ask them to remove the power switch and power leads. That way none of the parts will move and it will never fail on you.
You missed some other moving parts:

- Mice
- Keyboards
- Monitor swivels
- hard/floppy/optical/tape drives
- PC Card eject buttons on laptops
- Speakers (they produce sound by vibrating)
- Printers and scanners
- Lastly, the human -- or orangutan -- operator of the machine. Definitely prone to failure.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
The only time people stop failing is when they are dead - No more moving parts.

The most obvious and common point of failure - The operator (a moving part)