SPDIF-KA - Keep Alive tool for optical output to receiver/DAC

Handruin

Administrator
In case anyone is using this, I've added in some code changes and small bug fixes. Nothing major, but there is a new version built with these changes. Just delete the old binary and replace with the new one.

spdif-ka v1.0.3.1 release.

Source code.

ddrueding

Fixture
I'm running it, though it hasn't fixed my issues completely. I suspect some of them were the sound card, some were the receiver, and some the wireless headphones. Haven't spent enough time to identify which this helps.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I notice that I have problems with HDMI audio needing around 1 second before it picks up and plays on my 970 that I never noticed on ATI or Intel HDMI connections. I wonder if it's just a characteristic of nVidia hardware.

Handruin

Administrator
I've never used HDMI out from my graphics card so I dont know if that is normal. Does this utility help at all in your situation? I know it's not ideal but it works. I leave it running all the time on my system and it seems fine.

Handruin

Administrator
Yes, I changed the icon and it also should change color in the task bar based on the state of running (green)/not running(white).