Some people really are unpleasent....

Vlad The Impaler

Learning Storage Performance
You guys should read this:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/26476.html

This situation is a bit like the one with Kodak cameras not so long ago. The difference is that this company is a small internet e-tailer.

Now have a look at this:

http://www.trueventure.com/forum/index.php?s=

Some people's atitudes really make me lose faith in Human nature. Mock outraged people baying for blood who knew damn well that the price they were ordering at was incorrect. They seem to think that this Fortis company and indeed most companies are some sort of bottomless pit of money that can afford to give away Laptops after a computer error. All they will do is drive the company into administration and put people out of work. In a way I hope they do; they will all lose what little money they did pay and it will serve them right for being selfish and greedy. Grr.....

time

Storage? I am Storage!
I wondered hopefully if their little discussions and actions might constitute a conspiracy to defraud. Probably not, but it's nice to dream.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Good point, Time. You know, I can't see any reason why not, except that the discussion board Vlad linked to is public. I see, however, that they are setting up a private add-on forum. This might indeed fit the bill.

SteveC

Storage is cool
An update to the story is on The Register.

Here's a quote from this page of the forum Vlad linked to:
I and everyone else I'm sure ordered because they thought is was a good and genuine deal.

Right. A new laptop for £76. I sure they really thought that was a legitimate deal. I can't believe the nerve some people have.

Steve

Vlad The Impaler

Learning Storage Performance
I like this one the best.

"I do believe however it is unfair to ask for more than 1 laptop/monitor as i seriously doubt they will provide that many and it reduces peoples chances of gettin one. I think if we each just ask for one (which is very reasonable) and our money back on the others then we stand a good chance."

Now they want one each and their money back!! I think I might see what the storagereview brigade have to say about this....

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
If I saw an error in a price on a website I might try to order one. But, if they simply returned my money I wouldn't pursue it any further, nor would I pout about it. I don't see anything wrong with trying.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
One other thing, with all the media attention wrong prices get and people ordering these things you would think that online stores would check over posted prices a whole bunch of times before they go online.

Everyone makes mistakes, but these mistakes should be corrected before they go online for the general public to see. It is in the best interest of everyone, especially the company if they make sure that the prices quoted on the website are accurate. Who would want all the bad press that comes from this?