SODIMM's for the poor

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Does anyone know where to get laptop memory for cheap? Used, maybe?

I'm trying to get a pair of 256meg/144pin/PC100/32M x 64 SODIMM sticks. They need to be the equivalent of IBM 33L3069 sticks.

Used would be fine, I'm just trying to find the best price. I'd be really happy to find a pair of them for $100.

Any ideas?

Thank You,

--Steve

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I have one. Somewhere. Works in every IBM P3 laptop I've tried it in. Viking brand.

Of course, everything I own is in a box in my garage right now.

Groltz

Mercutio said:
I have one. Somewhere. Works in every IBM P3 laptop I've tried it in. Viking brand.

Of course, everything I own is in a box in my garage right now.

Thanks for replying, Merc. I was beginning to think I had written yet another post in invisible ink.

I need to find a pair of 256's if possible. If you run across that Viking stick could you see if it's a Viking I0258 ? If you want to sell it, make me an offer. :mrgrn:

How's everything going in Mr. Mercutio's neighborhood? Have your neighbors began asking you the best brand of laptop to buy yet? (snicker)

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Seriously, if I find it, you can have it. I have 25 or 30 20-gallon tubs that're nothing but computer parts and cables and stuff.

I just *sold* nine computers. You'd think I'd have *less* of that stuff.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I have a spare 128MB SODIMM you can have. This is the original SODIMM that shipped with my Stinkpad T23. I replaced it with 2x512MB SODIMMs from Crucial. I don't know where it is, but should be able to find it within an hour or so.

Groltz

I appreciate it guys...Thank you.

To give a bit more detail:

My new employer has bestowed upon me an IBM Thinkpad T22 to use.

It has a pair of 128's in it now and, since I will be stuck with this f**ker for probably quite some time, would like to boost it to its maximum posible RAM limit of 512mb (2 X 256). So...I am after a pair of compatible 256's at the lowest price I can find.

Thank you anyhow for the 128 Mubs, I'm grateful for the offer.

Merc, if that Viking chip turns out to be the PN I mentioned above (I0258) please let me know. That one will work great. I will be willing to pay you for it...I am no longer an unemployed basket case. (laugh) ---Just one on a high-school-graduate-only's wage.

Groltz

I order/receive/ship/stock aircraft parts for a Seattle company that has its own fleet of business and luxury jets.

The workplace is at their hangar facility at Boeing field.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Groltz said:
I order/receive/ship/stock aircraft parts for a Seattle company that has its own fleet of business and luxury jets.

Sounds like a good job. Do they let you borrow the luxury jets on the weekend?

Groltz

timwhit said:
Groltz said:

Sounds like a good job. Do they let you borrow the luxury jets on the weekend?

Nope, but there's leftover sodas from the galleys once in a while. :wink: