Signature Length increase.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
Signature Length increase. Current max is 500 characters. If there's no objections from other users can this be bumped up a bit? Nothing crazy, maybe 750?

Or is my current sig (cut down to meet current guidelines) too long and obnoxious already? LOL.

Thanks in advance.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
The goal of a short signature limit is IMO to maintain forum readability. I really haven't looked into this, but if there's a way to fix the caracters size to the smallest size, then I wouldn't mind a small bump in the allowed caracters number. Otherwise, abuse is at risk and too much screen space could be taken in redondant information.

Just my opinion.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
The goal of a short signature limit is IMO to maintain forum readability. I really haven't looked into this, but if there's a way to fix the caracters size to the smallest size, then I wouldn't mind a small bump in the allowed caracters number. Otherwise, abuse is at risk and too much screen space could be taken in redondant information.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback.

I've reduced the font size in my sig. I'll check to see if it can go smaller. Can the admin allow a smaller font size within the forum software? I'd like to reduce the font size of my sig so it's all there but doesn't effect forum readability.

EDIT: The font size is set to smallest now. If the font size could be further reduced, it would help forum readability.

Handruin

Administrator
I'm guessing it must be possible to change the smallest font size via a css modification. I'll have to investigate it but I'll admit I may not get to it for a couple days. I can also look into bumping the max length up to 750 and see if it's usable.

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
Signatures are superfluous. I don't think we need to know what you're running or shooting with on every post. We can put that information in the profile.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
I'm guessing it must be possible to change the smallest font size via a css modification. I'll have to investigate it but I'll admit I may not get to it for a couple days. I can also look into bumping the max length up to 750 and see if it's usable.

I hope my suggestion didn't sound like any type of demand. I have to stay up for 35 hours straight to reset my "sleep clock" (I work mights, sleep days normally) so I can have a "normal" sleep schedule for my upcoming road trip, hence, I was messing with my sig and came up against the 500 character limit. So I posted without thinking as Coug and Will have pointed out.

I'd still like a smaller font for my sig, regardless of its length, so as to make it as unobtrusive as possible. I can always pair down my sig length to say under 500 characters. And of course no hurry with any modifications you make. And thanks again.

Signatures are superfluous. I don't think we need to know what you're running or shooting with on every post. We can put that information in the profile.

LOL. You are 100% correct of course. I always figured sigs were more for the person than anybody else anyways. Frankly, I've never had any "really nice" things before except the two things in my sig and I like seeing it.